new to mfp

Options
Matp75
Matp75 Posts: 67 Member
So here I am needing to loose at least 60 lbs...again. I had lost nearly 80 lbs on medifast and of course went off and over the last 3 years gained it back.
I'm ready to loose it again.
Mat from the new Orleans area

Replies

• nobel99
    nobel99 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Matt (surely you've heard THAT before in your life??)
    Feel free to add me....I've been on MFP for a little over a year...have an open diary and comment pretty regularly.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I lost around 85 lbs and have kept it off for 3 years. You can do it too!
  • twiggysunshine
    twiggysunshine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Mat!
  • sr2107
    sr2107 Posts: 23
    Options
    welcome to MFP!
  • melissab071475
    Options
    Welcome:
    I just joined yesterday and I wish you the best of luck. :smile:
  • TanyaMarlee
    TanyaMarlee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm in the same boat! Need to lose 60 pounds! Wish you the best of luck! :happy:
  • misslynn1976
    Options
    Hi Matt and welcome. I log in everyday, I'll add you :)
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Welcome Matt- make this one a permanent weight loss by not going on any diets. Meaning you eat a balanced healthy food group of protein fat and carbs, and you just eat less while moving more.

Weight loss is just simple math. Calories in versus calories out. And MFP makes it so simple to keep track of calories.

Good luck, you can do this,
  • TattooedCinderella
    TattooedCinderella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Matt! I'm new, too :blush: I started out at 287lbs I'm now 232.6 and I still have 100lbs to go! I made a whole lifestyle change but what you DON'T need, is a lecture :wink: if you want a MFP pal who's a smartypants that will keep you laughing AND motivate, I'm your lesbian! Friend request me if you'd like!
  • Matp75
    Matp75 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thanks been going strong for 37 days now and down 19 lbs. started working out 3-5 times a week doing pretty good.
  • pfsweets
    pfsweets Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    great job Matt! This is my second week and so far 5lbs! Having many friends on this site really helps also. Keep up the good work. I look forward to day 37!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Go at this as a lifestyle change not a diet. Diets end but a good lifestyle goes on for ever if you want it to. This is my attitude and strategy to keep from putting it all back on.