Kinda TMI...

Options
pursuittofit
pursuittofit Posts: 97 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
I cant get my period. This happens for the second time, and now Im kinda worried.
Im having severe hormonal issues and Im controling them with help of a endocrynologist, but not getting my TOM is something new.

Usually, Im trying to fit in below 2000 calorie mark, but it appears 2120 to be my RMR.

Am I eating too less? Is it true that eating below RMR can cause hormonal disorders?

PS. Sorry for my English-Im still a learner!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You need to speak to your doctors as you have underlying hormonal issues - or could you be pregnant?

I would not think it is your calorie intake that is quite high

What is your height, age and current weight?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Do you log everything?

You don't seem to eat many vegetables or fruit - you might want to look at that
  • pursuittofit
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You need to speak to your doctors as you have underlying hormonal issues - or could you be pregnant?

I would not think it is your calorie intake that is quite high

What is your height, age and current weight?

No, I cant be pregnant.

Im 18, 168 cm and 115 kilos right now.

And yes, I do log everything

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I would talk to your endocrinologist. Eating over 2K calories doesn't seem like it should make you miss your period.
  • ebbiewilliams9
    ebbiewilliams9 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It might be PCOS... do you have any issues with facial hair or difficulty losing weight despite doing the right things? Definitely tell your dr about it!
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yep. See your doc. Sometimes going on the birth control pill can level out your hormones.
  • pursuittofit
    Options
    It might be PCOS... do you have any issues with facial hair or difficulty losing weight despite doing the right things? Definitely tell your dr about it!

Yes, I actualy have to wax some parts of my face, if I dont do it I look horrible... And I struggle with weightloss all the time...
  • pursuittofit
    Options
    Yep. See your doc. Sometimes going on the birth control pill can level out your hormones.

I am on hormonal meds all the time
  • ebbiewilliams9
    Options
    That isn't usual Pursuit, especially if you get it on your neck, chest or other places that are not usual for women. They call it "hormonal hair". The details of PCOS seem frightening but if it does turn out you have it DON'T PANIC! I was diagnosed with it (it's super common) and within two weeks of being medicated (Metformin) my period returned, the facial hair reduced dramatically and I started losing weight normally (with diet and exercise obviously)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome
  • pursuittofit
    Options
    That isn't usual Pursuit, especially if you get it on your neck, chest or other places that are not usual for women. They call it "hormonal hair". The details of PCOS seem frightening but if it does turn out you have it DON'T PANIC! I was diagnosed with it (it's super common) and within two weeks of being medicated (Metformin) my period returned, the facial hair reduced dramatically and I started losing weight normally (with diet and exercise obviously)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome

Thank you!
    But the thing is, Ive had ultrasonography about a month and a half ago and I dont have any cysts on ovaries...
  • ebbiewilliams9
    Options
    Well.. it might be any number of things then. Def something to bring to your Docs attention. Hormonal issues are a pain in the butt, I really feel for you. (tell them about the facial hair, even without PCOS there are meds to combat it)
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a syndrome. Sounds redundant, but what I'm trying to say is that it's a collection of symptoms and not everyone has the same symptoms. It's actually quite common for women with PCOS to not have cysts. I know that seems odd, but it's true. You really need to be seen by an endocrinologist, although if you're on hormonal medication, maybe you already are? Either way, please talk with a doctor.
  • pursuittofit
    Options
    asciident wrote: »
    Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a syndrome. Sounds redundant, but what I'm trying to say is that it's a collection of symptoms and not everyone has the same symptoms. It's actually quite common for women with PCOS to not have cysts. I know that seems odd, but it's true. You really need to be seen by an endocrinologist, although if you're on hormonal medication, maybe you already are? Either way, please talk with a doctor.

I am, I take hormonal meds all the time.
    Well.. it might be any number of things then. Def something to bring to your Docs attention. Hormonal issues are a pain in the butt, I really feel for you. (tell them about the facial hair, even without PCOS there are meds to combat it)

Thank you both lovely ladies. Im going to contact my doctor or talk to new one.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options

What type of meds. Not all hormonal meds will treat the same thing. A blood test can confirm if you have PCOS or not. But if you did have PCOS, generally a low carb/high fat (LCHF) diet is the way to go. In many cases, i see women between 80-120g's total of carbs. Considering your are over 200 most days, that could be a part of your struggles.

• tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When I lost all my weight I didn't get my period for a year. It took a while for all my hormones to get back to normal. But yeach definitely see your endocrinologist.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

No, I cant be pregnant.

One can be pregnant at 18
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

No, I cant be pregnant.

One can also not participate in the activities necessary to get pregnant, though.
  • vtroys
    vtroys Posts: 16
    Options
    Enjoy no period! 40+ years is such a long time to have to deal with periods (18 - 58). I'd be thrilled. Talk to your dr...if they don't find anything wrong, relax. I am out of eggs, so almost no period for me. I'd love no period at all!
  • pursuittofit
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

No, I cant be pregnant.

I know I can be pregnant (in theory), but Im more than sure that I am not.
  • pursuittofit
    edited October 2014
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

What type of meds. Not all hormonal meds will treat the same thing. A blood test can confirm if you have PCOS or not. But if you did have PCOS, generally a low carb/high fat (LCHF) diet is the way to go. In many cases, i see women between 80-120g's total of carbs. Considering your are over 200 most days, that could be a part of your struggles.

Im losing weight, my problem is that I dont menstruate... Did you actually took time to read what I wrote?

E: Sorry, I have misunderstood you. I thought that you vere advising me how could I lose weight while having PCOS, but You apparentelly meant that carbs are messing with my hormones.