Kinda TMI...

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options

Im losing weight, my problem is that I dont menstruate... Did you actually took time to read what I wrote?

E: Sorry, I have misunderstood you. I thought that you vere advising me how could I lose weight while having PCOS, but You apparentelly meant that carbs are messing with my hormones.

What I was referencing was the below:
    Yes, I actualy have to wax some parts of my face, if I dont do it I look horrible... And I struggle with weightloss all the time...

And if you are on hormone pills already, it's possible they aren't working as intended so it might be time to reevaluate what you are taking.
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Also, exercise can throw off your cycle.
  • pursuittofit
    pursuittofit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Also, exercise can throw off your cycle.

I used to run like 6-7 days/week and still get my period on time. So Im not sure is it about excersising...
  • pursuittofit
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Im losing weight, my problem is that I dont menstruate... Did you actually took time to read what I wrote?

E: Sorry, I have misunderstood you. I thought that you vere advising me how could I lose weight while having PCOS, but You apparentelly meant that carbs are messing with my hormones.

What I was referencing was the below:
    Yes, I actualy have to wax some parts of my face, if I dont do it I look horrible... And I struggle with weightloss all the time...

And if you are on hormone pills already, it's possible they aren't working as intended so it might be time to reevaluate what you are taking.

Yeah, Im taking the same meds for more than a year now, and I can clearly see that theyre not working.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Some of the other ladies had mentioned PCOS, and that is a definite possibility. This is a thread about PCOS. If you'd like to read through it and see if you have other symptoms, this is a little guide with some questions and answers about it to help a little:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30028111
  • pursuittofit
    Options
    Miss_1999 wrote: »
    Some of the other ladies had mentioned PCOS, and that is a definite possibility. This is a thread about PCOS. If you'd like to read through it and see if you have other symptoms, this is a little guide with some questions and answers about it to help a little:

Thank you very much, this is very helpfull :)
  • ReignOerMe
    ReignOerMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    vtroys wrote: »
    Enjoy no period! 40+ years is such a long time to have to deal with periods (18 - 58). I'd be thrilled. Talk to your dr...if they don't find anything wrong, relax. I am out of eggs, so almost no period for me. I'd love no period at all!

This is bad advice for women who are pre-menopause age. Not menstruating as a young women can cause you to lose fertility and bone density and put you at risk for osteoporosis later in life. Adding to that, it can be a sign of an underlying health problem. I totally agree periods suck, though. I just want to make sure OP (and anyone else who may have the same problem) know that lack of menstruation is not something to ignore.

I stopped getting my period for about four years before I saw a doctor about it (which was not very smart of me, but like vtroys said, I loved not getting a period). The problem ended up being something called prolactinoma, which is a hormone secreting benign tumor on the pituitary gland. It's not uncommon and is super treatable, so maybe mention this to your doctor as a possibility. Good luck!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Miss_1999 wrote: »

Thank you very much, this is very helpfull :)

You are most welcome! Glad I could help!

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ugh I thought things were gonna be mixed up a bit and maybe this thread would be about hemorrhoids.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    ReignOerMe wrote: »
    vtroys wrote: »
    Enjoy no period! 40+ years is such a long time to have to deal with periods (18 - 58). I'd be thrilled. Talk to your dr...if they don't find anything wrong, relax. I am out of eggs, so almost no period for me. I'd love no period at all!

This is bad advice for women who are pre-menopause age. Not menstruating as a young women can cause you to lose fertility and bone density and put you at risk for osteoporosis later in life. Adding to that, it can be a sign of an underlying health problem. I totally agree periods suck, though. I just want to make sure OP (and anyone else who may have the same problem) know that lack of menstruation is not something to ignore.

I stopped getting my period for about four years before I saw a doctor about it (which was not very smart of me, but like vtroys said, I loved not getting a period). The problem ended up being something called prolactinoma, which is a hormone secreting benign tumor on the pituitary gland. It's not uncommon and is super treatable, so maybe mention this to your doctor as a possibility. Good luck!

Friend me please
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor. No one here can help you!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

The thread is two years old :wink:
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

And apparantly I read it when it was new because it showed up as having 11 new posts. lol
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

And apparantly I read it when it was new because it showed up as having 11 new posts. lol

Aw, doesn't that just take you right back? Like the milk to your Oreo :smile:
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

This came up as a new thread for me.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

This came up as a new thread for me.

Because goldengirl resurrected it.