I MADE IT!!

Options
zman1313
zman1313 Posts: 70 Member
...sorta!

Today I hit my original goal weight, which is 185lbs. Now that I've really got into lifting weights I think I'm going to continue to cut down to 10%BF and then bulk, but reaching my original goal is an AMAZING feeling! Figured I'd share some pictures. I was deathly afraid of being in front of the camera before I lost weight--I was so ashamed of myself. Started at 276lbs, so I've lost 91 as of today! Honestly can't believe it...

Before:
14936912233_694b24d296.jpgScreenshot_2014-10-17-11-09-18
15371424350_a114c34734.jpg1236253_10152161414118047_1598847158_n

After:
15557848472_512ec65ece.jpgIMAG0109_1
15554026791_4631a80c2d.jpgIMAG0108
15554029691_70bc8b9e57.jpgIMAG0100

If I had to give anybody just starting one tip, it would be to not allow yourself to make ANY excuses for your actions. You're 100% responsible for yourself and if you want to lose weight badly enough, you will be able to do it! The second you start making excuses, or start telling yourself that you can't do it is the moment you have failed. I think we fail to realize that sometimes we're our own worst enemy and we'll try to talk ourself out of doing things that deep down we know we want.

I can tell you that writing this thread, 7 months after starting my lifestyle change, that all the hard work is worth it. I feel better than I have in my entire life and the positivity from losing weight has carried over to improve several other aspects of my life.

Replies

• cattitude123
    cattitude123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    [quote="zman1313;10006258

If I had to give anybody just starting one tip, it would be to not allow yourself to make ANY excuses for your actions. You're 100% responsible for yourself and if you want to lose weight badly enough, you will be able to do it!

[/quote]

This and exactly this and all of this! Nice work!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Great job- congratulations on your dedication and hard work!
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And I'm super jealous of your bathroom!!!
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    Wow! Great job! I can't wait to get to my goal! Seeing posts like this is so motivating. It must be so invigorating to have reached your goal and see how your body has changed. The ladies must have noticed!
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    wow thats so great. this might be slightly inappropriate and terrible being im on a weight loss site but ive always gravitated towards chubbier guys and you were still cute before, if you don't mind me saying. glade you lost the weight and are leading a healthier lifestyle :).

great job.
  • DeniceRS
    DeniceRS Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congratulations on reaching your first goal!
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Good job!! and congrats on the new you!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats!!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Wow, you really took back your life, way to go and congratulations!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look like a whole new person! Congrats!
  • zman1313
    Options
    Wow! Great job! I can't wait to get to my goal! Seeing posts like this is so motivating. It must be so invigorating to have reached your goal and see how your body has changed. The ladies must have noticed!

It's a feeling so good it really can't be put into words. I'm sure everybody else on here who has made it to their goal would agree. The weight loss is really only the "surface" part of the equation for me. I hit a major rough patch in my life two years ago and I've overcome every obstacle that was holding me back.

However, I've always struggled with weight and thought I would always be fat. Knowing that I "beat" it is what keeps me going.

Funny you mention the ladies, lol. That was one of my biggest motivators to start, but now I'm pretty much 100% intrinsically motivated. However, the added confidence/happiness that weight loss and other life changes I've made have given me has definitely helped out my love life haha
  • zman1313
    Options
    rouxkayla wrote: »
    wow thats so great. this might be slightly inappropriate and terrible being im on a weight loss site but ive always gravitated towards chubbier guys and you were still cute before, if you don't mind me saying. glade you lost the weight and are leading a healthier lifestyle :).

great job.

Hey, I don't mind at all! Girls still liked me when I was chubby, I just didn't like myself when I was chubby so I decided to do something about it!
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look awesome!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Why are you only standing on the scale with one foot?
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Congrats!!
  • zman1313
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    Why are you only standing on the scale with one foot?

haha, because if I take weight off of it, the numbers disappear too quick for me to take a picture!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    WOW you look SO good! Congrats on your weight loss and best of luck in your awesome journey of weight lifting :D
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!