I need some feedback BADLY!

Options
Hello everyone!
I'm a mommy that has recently made it back to my pre-pregnacy weight. Although I am back to my old size and weight, I am kind of a cross between "skinny fat" and "normal" if that makes sense. My upper body and abs are toning up very nicely but my thighs and butt still have quite a bit to go. My original goal was to get to 180 lbs, just 5 lbs lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. I am now stuck at 184 lbs. Not only would I like to make my original goal of 180, but I think I might like to hit 175. I have done Jillian's 30 Day Shred and am now doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 as well as throwing in a little Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones every few days. I have been doing very well about keeping my calories in check also. I am now trying to figure out what to do next to meet my goals.....I would like to start a new home workout after I finish Ripped in 30 and I'm also going to incorporate 2-3 days of weight training at the gym starting next week. Problem is, I'm completely torn about which home workout to go with. I would like something really intense, really fun and most of all REALLY effective. I've found that since I'm so close to my ideal weight, it's getting very difficult to get the results I'm looking for. I'm torn between Turbo Fire, P90X and Insanity. I'm kind of leaning towards Turbo Fire because it looks really fun but I just don't know (I'm very clumsy lol). I'd really love to hear from people that have done one or more of these programs. I'm also extremely interested in hearing from people who have or have had similar weightloss/toning goals and how you are reaching them. Bikini time is right around the corner and I plan on wearing mine...PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• Mickvond
    Mickvond Posts: 7
    Options
    my sister and i do one night of p90x for an hr. then the next night walk for an hr or more than the next night we do zumba for an hr. it seems to help alot. I have bigger thighs and bigger butt. Our work out plan seems to be working good for us.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have not done the full Turbo Fire program, only the greatest HITTS, so I can't really speak about it. Although the Greatest HIITS was a lot of fun. However I have done P90X and Insanity. In my opinion in order to achieve what you are looking for, Insanity is the way to go!
  • Ekeras
    Ekeras Posts: 22
    Options
    I personally haven't done a ton of home workouts, but have friends who did P90X and got amazing results.

Another home workout you can try is Zumba. It's a cross between salsa dancing and aerobics, so you don't feel like it's a chore and have a great time doing it! I am doing a Zumba class, not the home workout, but they have home workout videos for purchase too.

Good luck! You'll get there!
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Turbo Fire is a great workout! I completed the 12 week program and have moved on to the Hybrid Program. It helped me alot with my endurance, stamina and gave me loads of energy. What helped me with my lower body was Chalean Extreme. I had/big legs and you have to do alot of squats and lunges. Definitely helped me whittle away the cellulite and give them a nice tone.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm a mommy that has recently made it back to my pre-pregnacy weight. Although I am back to my old size and weight, I am kind of a cross between "skinny fat" and "normal" if that makes sense. My upper body and abs are toning up very nicely but my thighs and butt still have quite a bit to go. My original goal was to get to 180 lbs, just 5 lbs lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. I am now stuck at 184 lbs. Not only would I like to make my original goal of 180, but I think I might like to hit 175. I have done Jillian's 30 Day Shred and am now doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 as well as throwing in a little Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones every few days. I have been doing very well about keeping my calories in check also. I am now trying to figure out what to do next to meet my goals.....I would like to start a new home workout after I finish Ripped in 30 and I'm also going to incorporate 2-3 days of weight training at the gym starting next week. Problem is, I'm completely torn about which home workout to go with. I would like something really intense, really fun and most of all REALLY effective. I've found that since I'm so close to my ideal weight, it's getting very difficult to get the results I'm looking for. I'm torn between Turbo Fire, P90X and Insanity. I'm kind of leaning towards Turbo Fire because it looks really fun but I just don't know (I'm very clumsy lol). I'd really love to hear from people that have done one or more of these programs. I'm also extremely interested in hearing from people who have or have had similar weightloss/toning goals and how you are reaching them. Bikini time is right around the corner and I plan on wearing mine...PLEASE HELP!

As a fellow Mom, I really love the energy Turbo Fire brings. Nothing like being in an element with great music and massive motivation. The beauty is, you are in the privacy of your own home, so who cares how clumsy you are...just have with with it. Chalene also breaks down all the moves in her "new to class" workouts. You can't go wrong. I teach it live, so I'm a little partial! LOL. But I've done Insanity and P90X too (among other at home workouts), and you can't really go wrong with any. Good news is, if you buy through a coach, you have the comfort in having their support and the 90 day money back guarantee.

Hope this helps and keep us posted with your decision.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses...it's such a hard choice! What do y'all think about me adding the 2-3 days of weight training? Is that enough?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses...it's such a hard choice! What do y'all think about me adding the 2-3 days of weight training? Is that enough?

Yes and that essentially is what you would be doing with P90X. 3 days weight training and 3 days cardio
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've done all three and I vote for P90X.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I completed Turbo Fire and while it made me lose weight, it didn't tone me. I am now on P90X and have really noticed things tightening. If you are pretty close to your goal weight and you are wanting to tone, I would go with P90X.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I have all 3. TurboFire is my soulmate workout (at home) because I have a kickboxing background...it speaks to me!! I also weight train at the gym 3x a week with a personal trainer, so I'm getting great results with that. I'm not a huge fan of Insanity, just because I get bored easily. Shaun T is intense, lol.

P90X is next on my list once I complete my first round of TurboFire. I've tried it and I love it. Tony is hilarious to me.

After P90X, provided that I've significantly reduced my body fat %, I'm going for RevAbs. I love, love, love any workout that incorporates a lot of martial arts.