What piece of clothing made you realize.....

Options

Replies

• jen350z
    jen350z Posts: 48
    Options
    Jeans.. It was getting harder and harder to find the ones that fit just right
  • MikeNessMonster
    Options
    When I had to switch to the plus size side of DEB's when shopping for jeans. Ugh.
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    Not a specific piece unfortunately, just everything in general that I bought years ago.

One pair of jeans I bought when I could fit them perfectly like a glove were size 10 from Topshop- fast forward a few months and I noticed my fat was bulging over the top and, while I could get them on, it was tight to do up the button. I sort of ignored it at the time I think but really, it meant I was a size 12 probably.

Now, they are basically baggy on me. I still wear them with a belt but they make me look bigger than I am because they are too big for me because I'm more of a small 10 or big size 8 now.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    When I found myself having to reach for size 20 jeans.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of old navy size 16 non stretchy jeans. When I bought them they were a perfect fit. Gradually they became too tight to wear. Now on day 162 of mfp they are too big. I dont have to open the zipper to put on or take off. I can no longer even wear them with a belt cause the butt sags way down.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    when I started busting out of my bras. Both in the front and in the back
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    lol when I had to buy a whole new wardrobe LOL, litterally... spent at least a grand on new clothing LOL
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    My size 18 jeans getting too tight.

I am right there with you! When you are 5'3" and you must loosen your size 18's after you eat... yeah, that sends the message.

Size 0 and 00 now! I will NEVER go back there again!

• amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    When my underwear started to get too tight, I knew I had a problem. Also, I don't wear my wedding ring anymore because it is way too hard to get off.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I had bought 2 pairs of jeans that I absolutely loved. Just a few months after I had bought them the thighs had ripped as soon as I pulled them up because my thighs had gotten too big.
  • dexlyn813
    dexlyn813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wear scrubs for work, My size large pants got to tight so I brought a size xl.Then my xl was now getting tight. That was a wake up call. I have lost 15 pounds in 50 days :). Now I'm fitting in my size large again, they are loose on me now... :)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    busting the button on my tight 66 size work pants which were my one and only work pants (yep i had to wash them every night so they were pretty sad looking) Started my WOE the next day.
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    A skirt I wanted to buy. I was going to have to buy it in a size bigger than I had been buying because the size I normally wore wouldn't fit anymore.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It was my body feeling like it was being crushed under 360 pounds and not being able to enjoy activities I used to due to my aching knees and getting too tired that really made me decide to do something about it.... BUT...................
    It was also a real eye opener when I bought an indian style free flowing skirt at a plus size store and it was a size 28 WITH an adjustable waist AND I was bulging out of it. I wore it with a long top so nobody would see but I was mortified. I still have the skirt and I still wear it. It has a draw string so I just cinch it way up and it looks good. Course, when I let out the draw string now I can fit another person in there with me!
  • nsalley99
    Options
    My amazing little black pencil skirt. I couldn't zip it or even get the hook close at all. Heartbreaking. And now I'm focused.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Everything. Everything was getting too tight. I have to either lose or shop.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When my wedding ring could no longer come off....that was my first realization. Then I really noticed how all my clothes were fitting - TIGHT!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The dress I wore to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball last year. Size 16, and I struggled to lose 5 pounds to fit into it in time. I thought I looked good, until I saw my arms in pictures, then overwhelming sadness. I've lost so much this year, that even though I had planned to take it in and wear it again this year, it can't be taken in enough!
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My pants that became harder to zip up each day.. I knew I had to make a change.. and just being overall unhappy with my appearance in the mirror.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I was down to one pair of work pants that would fit me. The other two I had been wearing were just indecent at that point. Now those ones are too big! I've gained a lot more wardrobe just shopping out of my own closet.