Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What piece of clothing made you realize.....

Replies

• jen350z
    jen350z Posts: 48
    Jeans.. It was getting harder and harder to find the ones that fit just right
  • When I had to switch to the plus size side of DEB's when shopping for jeans. Ugh.
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Not a specific piece unfortunately, just everything in general that I bought years ago.

One pair of jeans I bought when I could fit them perfectly like a glove were size 10 from Topshop- fast forward a few months and I noticed my fat was bulging over the top and, while I could get them on, it was tight to do up the button. I sort of ignored it at the time I think but really, it meant I was a size 12 probably.

Now, they are basically baggy on me. I still wear them with a belt but they make me look bigger than I am because they are too big for me because I'm more of a small 10 or big size 8 now.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    When I found myself having to reach for size 20 jeans.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    I have a pair of old navy size 16 non stretchy jeans. When I bought them they were a perfect fit. Gradually they became too tight to wear. Now on day 162 of mfp they are too big. I dont have to open the zipper to put on or take off. I can no longer even wear them with a belt cause the butt sags way down.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    when I started busting out of my bras. Both in the front and in the back
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    lol when I had to buy a whole new wardrobe LOL, litterally... spent at least a grand on new clothing LOL
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    My size 18 jeans getting too tight.

I am right there with you! When you are 5'3" and you must loosen your size 18's after you eat... yeah, that sends the message.

Size 0 and 00 now! I will NEVER go back there again!

• amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    When my underwear started to get too tight, I knew I had a problem. Also, I don't wear my wedding ring anymore because it is way too hard to get off.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    I had bought 2 pairs of jeans that I absolutely loved. Just a few months after I had bought them the thighs had ripped as soon as I pulled them up because my thighs had gotten too big.
  • dexlyn813
    dexlyn813 Posts: 84 Member
    I wear scrubs for work, My size large pants got to tight so I brought a size xl.Then my xl was now getting tight. That was a wake up call. I have lost 15 pounds in 50 days :). Now I'm fitting in my size large again, they are loose on me now... :)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    busting the button on my tight 66 size work pants which were my one and only work pants (yep i had to wash them every night so they were pretty sad looking) Started my WOE the next day.
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    A skirt I wanted to buy. I was going to have to buy it in a size bigger than I had been buying because the size I normally wore wouldn't fit anymore.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    It was my body feeling like it was being crushed under 360 pounds and not being able to enjoy activities I used to due to my aching knees and getting too tired that really made me decide to do something about it.... BUT...................
    It was also a real eye opener when I bought an indian style free flowing skirt at a plus size store and it was a size 28 WITH an adjustable waist AND I was bulging out of it. I wore it with a long top so nobody would see but I was mortified. I still have the skirt and I still wear it. It has a draw string so I just cinch it way up and it looks good. Course, when I let out the draw string now I can fit another person in there with me!
  • My amazing little black pencil skirt. I couldn't zip it or even get the hook close at all. Heartbreaking. And now I'm focused.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Everything. Everything was getting too tight. I have to either lose or shop.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    When my wedding ring could no longer come off....that was my first realization. Then I really noticed how all my clothes were fitting - TIGHT!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    The dress I wore to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball last year. Size 16, and I struggled to lose 5 pounds to fit into it in time. I thought I looked good, until I saw my arms in pictures, then overwhelming sadness. I've lost so much this year, that even though I had planned to take it in and wear it again this year, it can't be taken in enough!
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    My pants that became harder to zip up each day.. I knew I had to make a change.. and just being overall unhappy with my appearance in the mirror.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    I was down to one pair of work pants that would fit me. The other two I had been wearing were just indecent at that point. Now those ones are too big! I've gained a lot more wardrobe just shopping out of my own closet.