What do you say to motivate yourself?

Options
Hi,
I am new and have 40lbs to lose to reach my goal, maybe 60lbs overall. I was just wondering what everyone tells themselves or does to keep them going. Please keep it short and sweet, just looking for some new mantras :)
I like to think
- No one is going to do it for you
- You only get out what you put in
- PT is free!

Thanks in advance for the support!

Replies

• EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I always go straight to:
    - Shut the F!@# up and Train!

:tongue:
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    Diet is more of a struggle for me than exercise, so I think about how I'm just fueling my body and my body doesn't care if I like how it tastes.
  • spring12peanut
    Options
    simply put...

what you eat in secret shows in public!!!

end of the day you're only hurting yourself!!!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Beauty is Pain, Beauty is Pain. ---> this helps me a lot
    The harder you work, the quicher you can relax.
    For the first time in my life I bought a dress that was one size smaller than I am now, and it was expensive... I am determined to wear it on May 27th when my husband and I go on vacation. I have that dress hanging up on my bedroom door, so that way everytime I pass it, I know what my goal is.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I picture what I want to look like. It really does work every time.
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    i keep telling myself that i will be healthier and it's worth it in the end because i WILL be healthier and making healthier choices and ill be able to fit in nicer clothes and feel happier about myself and my self esteem :)
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    MTFU or if you prefer, WTFU

I also like to borrow from Finding Nemo - Just keep swimming!
  • LaurieJAndrews
    LaurieJAndrews Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as slim feels.
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    "Do you want peanut butter today? Then get to work!"

I substitute whatever food I am craving at the moment, but it's usually peanut butter. Sometimes it's just "Do you want to eat today?" if I've had a few days of dealing with hunger pangs.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    This time I will reach my goal!!! No turning back & it's not going to happen overnight...but it WILL HAPPEN!!! :drinker:
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I personally sing "Brickhouse" to myself during workouts and it seems to work for me... :ohwell:
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    When I need motivation to exercise or eat right I think about:
    How good it feels doing my workout every day. It's only 30 minutes of my life but the rest of the day I am proud of myself.
    Yes, those cookies or ice cream might taste good, but I'll only taste them for a few minutes but I'll have the fat on me forever!
    And since I've been doing so well for about 2 weeks now I tell myself I came this far already, I don't want to screw it up now!
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Don't quit when you're tired, quit when you're done!
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    everything in moderation is my mantra...............

and i think it's changing the way you think from dieting to life long change , now that i've been logging my food for the past 5 months i know what i should be eating for a healthy balanced diet , plus keeping busy, i have to earn my sit down and do nothing time :happy:
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    For eating clean "Nothing tastes as good as looking sexy feels."
    For getting my butt to the gym "You can either go and feel great later or not go and have to listen to yourself ***** about how you wish you had."
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    When I am exercising and want to wimp out I hear Jillian Michaels in my head yelling at me to not give up, push it... She's quite the motivator.
  • Angelfaith5909
    Angelfaith5909 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in the process of losing weight, so for me i say that i deserve to have a healthy life I owe that to myself.:laugh:
  • bpeel
    bpeel Posts: 2
    Options
    I can do this !!!!!!!! :happy:
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Just keep telling yourself how good you'll feel when you're done! Really helps me power through the last mile or so of a run!
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    One of the super successful folks on this site had this on her profile...it stuck wehn I read it and I say it to myself all the time:

"If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find and excuse."