Breakfast Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• missfitnessdaisy
    Options
    My breakfast are: two boiled eggs, about 150-200 g boiled sweet potatoes, 1/4 avocado or some nuts and at the end throw some mix salad on.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    WW or Lite Multi-grain English muffin, 1 turkey-sausage link and an egg. <200 calories and keeps you full for awhile. :D
  • getyourbeans
    getyourbeans Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been making low fat french toast style crumpets - whisk one egg with a dash of milk and some apple pie spice blend, soak two crumpets in the mixture. Cook in a sandwich press until toasted. Spread with a little peanut butter or jam if you feel like something sweet. Yummers!
  • Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options
    Eggs! :). Or anything I would have for dinner or lunch.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Search 'breakfast', I'm sure you'll get more ideas from the dozens of threads about this.
  • Roony02
    Roony02 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My usuals are Omelette with spinach and mushrooms, just whites for really low cal. Scrambled egg and a home made burger, porridge oats or greek yoghurt with blueberries, mixed seeds and honey.
  • nzjustme
    nzjustme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is a poached egg on toast and coffee
  • jaclynbreeze
    jaclynbreeze Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like fried egg with avocado and sirrachia on top of low carb toast. If you have less time, I keep a package of Mama Lupes low-carb tortillias and a jar of healthy peanut butter at my work. Then I bring in a banana - smear PB onto tortillia and place banana in, roll up and slice into pieces. Kinda like PB/banana sushi. :)
  • Solarized
    Solarized Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Do you have time to cook and eat before leaving home in the morning or do you need to grab something and nuke/toast it when you get to the office?

If it is the former, grits are filling. Add a bit of flavorful cheese (stronger flavors = less cheese needed). Or you can make the oatmeal below that morning.

If it is the latter, make a batch of steel cut oats the night before. Then add one of each of the following:
    Fruit - blueberries, apples, bananas, peaches, etc.
    - Nuts - pecans, almonds, walnuts
    - Sweetener - brown sugar, agave, honey

Change up the combinations for a variety.

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Leftovers can be delicious. I have eaten Brunswick stew for breakfast after I'd run 6 miles. It seemed more delicious than the first day.

29509743.png
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am an early riser and breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I have on hand Holy Crap cereal, spoon size shredded wheat, cheerios, oatmeal, and Muesli. There's greek yogurt and cottage cheese in the fridge. I have frozen fruit in the freezer. And eggs. I always have eggs.

Try cutting up a Mackintosh apple in a bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave for a minute. Top with two half walnuts and a dollop of greek yogurt.
  • erinb419
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with almond butter and berries on top
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and/or eggs, some chicken sausage and sweet potatoes for me on a typical day. Sometimes zucchini and mushrooms added in.