Help! It's starting already!

Options
The goodies have started to arrive in the office. There is a homemade pound cake on the front counter. It is calling my name! :noway: Help!!

109588.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The goodies have started to arrive in the office. There is a homemade pound cake on the front counter. It is calling my name! :noway: Help!!

109588.png
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Do not succumb to those devilish temptations!!! be strong!! We can do it!! :drinker:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Step away from the pound cake, and no one gets hurt!
  • jalopes
    jalopes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    don't do it, go drink a big glass of water instead. I went to an xmas party on the weekend, and had a few drinks, it cost me about 600 calories! its all these little things that add up. You can do it!!!!
  • mlbfan528
    Options
    Just Say No

You are stronger than you ever realize. Think about how awful you will feel if you indulge. And think of how proud you will be of yourself when you resist. You can do it!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    just think about when you get to your goal weight and your hot and sexy and someone says how did you do it????AND you say I didnt eat all the crap that you brought in.....:laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Didn't you just see that guy walk by and sneeze all over the pound cake? The shame of it all...
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Didn't you just see that guy walk by and sneeze all over the pound cake? The shame of it all...

Nice way out...but UGGHHHH!!! :frown:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

109588.png

SO are those size 12's!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am going to look back at this throughout the day! And, yes, you are absolutely right: Those size 12s ARE calling my name!!! :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

EEEeeewwwwiiieee! :laugh: We always had to have a b.day party for my old boss (and by old, I mean in years & in my past) & I never ate what his wife brought in b/c she always had a tissue shoved up her sleeve & smelled of Vapo Rub. That's a combination for disaster.

Stay strong! If you can avoid THIS temptation, you can avoid all of them for the rest of the holiday season! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself is it worth it? More than likely your answer will be NO it's not!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Be strong, they don't call it pound cake for nothing!
    Is it really worth a few seconds on your lips, and gaining pounds and feeling miserable about yourself???
    Let the others eat it, they can deal with the battle of the bulge later, you are here for the same reason we are, to get rid of the bulge!
    YOU CAN DO IT :flowerforyou:
  • ThisIsJeffHere
    Options
    UGH

I just gave in. Somebody had these amazing Turkeys that were made out of sugar cookies, frosting, and chocolate covered marshmallows. I have no idea how bad they are, but I ate one along with a mini coffee cake (it was really small though)

argh. now i have to starve myself the rest of the day!
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    All I can say is - do you know the person well... cuz if you don't - just remember they could live in a filthy house and have a cat that they let lick out of the batter bowl. :laugh:
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Good news! The cake is gone! And, I didn't have any! I have been drinking that large glass of water that was suggested earlier. Thanks so much for all of the encouragement. :heart:

109588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter