Non-Scale Victory - 20 Pull Up Challenge

Options
50sFit
50sFit Posts: 712 Member
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
I remember in the USMC 20 Pull Ups was considered a perfect fitness score, and I always wondered if I could ever do them again.
After losing over 90 pounds, I could do only 12, so I just kept trying.
Finally, I am now able and it feels great - especially at age 50!.
YouTube Video - 20 Pull Ups and 20 Chin Ups
https://youtube.com/watch?v=vDmfyLkWI9s

It feels great to be able to do the things I never thought I'd ever do again.
35hujl709845.jpg

This will give you an idea of my progress!
x5hy18tes9qi.jpg
The above pic is one of the few pics I have
of me fat. I was so ashamed that I
trashed most of them.
fnnfma6qcg9x.png
^^^^^^^^
This before pic is exactly what I looked like,
but it's not actually me. I never allowed
myself to be photoed shirtless when I was fat.
I regret that now...

Replies

• gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! keep up the great work! are you doing the "convict conditioning"? i got the book this week and have been reading it the past three days. your photos show the "big six: power moves". looks like a page from the book...which is a awesome!
  • 50sFit
    Options
    gandssmith wrote: »
    that's awesome! keep up the great work! are you doing the "convict conditioning"? i got the book this week and have been reading it the past three days. your photos show the "big six: power moves". looks like a page from the book...which is a awesome!
    That's funny, because for a season some years back...I was actually a "guest of the state".
    I came out jacked like never before!
  • gandssmith
    Options
    lol. that's kinda the basis of his book. "guests of the state" don't have all the fancy equipment they do on the outside so they learn to use their own body weight. i just want to be able to do a pull up on my own! lol.
  • 50sFit
    Options
    lol. that's kinda the basis of his book. "guests of the state" don't have all the fancy equipment they do on the outside so they learn to use their own body weight. i just want to be able to do a pull up on my own! lol.
    The key is just getting on that bar, and if all you can do is hang there for a minute or so, then that's what you do.
    It comes if you stay with it.

• gandssmith
    Options
    that's my plan. i'm on baby step one. not sure how long it will take me but i plan on sticking with it. btw saw that you were in the usmc. thank you for your service. my son is an officer in the navy serving on the uss george hw bush. i know the sacrifice and appreciate anybody that serves.
  • 50sFit
    Options
    that's my plan. i'm on baby step one. not sure how long it will take me but i plan on sticking with it. btw saw that you were in the usmc. thank you for your service. my son is an officer in the navy serving on the uss george hw bush. i know the sacrifice and appreciate anybody that serves.
    Thank you...and may God bless and protect your son.
    kj5zlk1wzzda.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!