Calorie counting

I started dieting on 9/1.3 weeks ago I started making calorie deficits and I've been losing 2 pounds per week. I power walk for an hour an half a day. I want to see results in my stomach but I don't think my stomach size has decreased. How long will it take for my stomach to shrink.

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    You cant target where you lose weight, it tends to come off all over.
    You could try and start doing some resistance exercise to limit muscle loss and promote the muscle you have.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    6 months 14 days. Just kidding of course since there is no way to predict. You can use a tape measure to see how big your stomach/waist is today then check it on November 17th. Likely you'll see a smaller number, but there is no guarantee because your body may decide to drop weight in your face, arms, back -- any place including internal fat around organs, and you just have no control over where the fat will leave first. But, it will leave if you continue eating at a deficit.

I know many people say they see loss in inches before loss on the scale; I'm the opposite. I see a weight loss first then maybe weeks or even months later, the tape measurements change.

Also, take pictures today from the side and front, and again next month. You may see a difference there too.

55835802.png
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, you can't spot reduce. You just have to keep working at it till the fat comes off. But add strength training to reduce the muscle loss.
  • So as long as your making a calorie deficit the weight comes off
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    How long did it take to grow?

You're probably are shrinking, just maybe other spots are faster. My advice is take progress pics monthly and you will see change.
  • About a year. I've had a belly for a couple years
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    You are losing at 2 pounds a week when you only have 13 pounds to lose??? Not smart, you should lower it to 1/2 pound a week at this point.
  • I'm probably going to change my goal to 120
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    I'm probably going to change my goal to 120

OMG you're a male! I didn't realize. WHY? would you want to weigh 120?? are you 3 feet tall?
  • Ski could look skinny and have a flat stomach
  • So i*