Different sources of protein

Options
2»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    How about Nutella? Would that be high in protein? Or is it outweighed by the chocolate and sugar?

That is going to depend on your goals, which is why learning to read and understand a nutrition label is really helpful. I don't know the protein/carb/fat content of Nutella off the top of my head, <snip>

Also, beef jerky or turkey jerky.
    I posted the link to the label just above...

Thanks for that. Yeah, at 2 grams per serving that wouldn't be a very good protein source.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Read the label^^^^^

I really don't get your arsey comment, obviously you feel the need to be rude. I'm trying to learn about the nutritional side of what I should be eating. Reading the label just gives me numbers, I need to learn how that relates to weight and nutritional values.

Sorry for asking questions.

FFS- don't ask people for easily researched information.

I just looked up nutella nutritional information- there's a picture of the fricking label right there.

Serving size is 2 tablespoons/37 grams
    200 calories per serving/110 calories from fats
    Total fat/serving - 12 grams
    Total Carbs/serving- 21 grams
    Total Protein/Serving- 2 grams
    Sodium 15 mg

it's not an arsey comment- use some google instead of asking people to spoon feed you- clearly you have the internet- so use it and learn.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    How about Nutella? Would that be high in protein? Or is it outweighed by the chocolate and sugar?

Nutella is candy. Anyone who thinks it's a health food is fooling themselves. It's delicious, don't get me wrong, but a terrible choice of protein source.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Nutella is candy. Anyone who thinks it's a health food is fooling themselves. It's delicious, don't get me wrong, but a terrible choice of protein source.
    LOL- I don't eat nutella- but I assumed it was probably a worse choice than Peanut Butter (Which is a poor choice for protein as well despite what peopel say) but in my quick google- I got to this page- and it's not that I agree with her- but I am amused at the "snickers mini" comments.
    http://lunchwithlolynch.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/nutella-friend-the-bad-news/
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Read the label^^^^^

I really don't get your arsey comment, obviously you feel the need to be rude. I'm trying to learn about the nutritional side of what I should be eating. Reading the label just gives me numbers, I need to learn how that relates to weight and nutritional values.

Sorry for asking questions.

FFS- don't ask people for easily researched information.

I just looked up nutella nutritional information- there's a picture of the fricking label right there.

Serving size is 2 tablespoons/37 grams
    200 calories per serving/110 calories from fats
    Total fat/serving - 12 grams
    Total Carbs/serving- 21 grams
    Total Protein/Serving- 2 grams
    Sodium 15 mg

it's not an arsey comment- use some google instead of asking people to spoon feed you- clearly you have the internet- so use it and learn.

Are we having fun yet?

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I think Dannon makes a 2x protein greek yogurt that will have more protein than anything you can eat calorie ratio-wise.

There are protein bars, "Life" will give you slightly higher than Questbars while both are delishious.

Beef jerky.

Don't think you would like it from your opening, but tuna will pack it in.

Hamburgers, turkey. I make a tray full of turkey muffins that is tastes amazing.

Sausage links or patties.

I make a chicken seasons spicy with beans and cheese that has enormous amounts.

I'm sure someone said peanut butter, but it really doesn't have the much for the calories.

• Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Your welcome. :)
  • RainDrops930
    RainDrops930 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and cottage cheese are very high sources of protein. Also, cheese that is reduced-fat or fat-free often contains twice the normal amount of protein. Skim milk is another great source. You could eat it in cereal, or make chocolate milk...or plain, of course!
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Lean turkey, lean beef, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, all varieties of beans -black beans kidney, edamame, protein shake supplement, string cheese.