Just Log it.

Options
13»

Replies

• ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love this. I ate a BIG portion of spaghetti carbonara last night. I ate it, enjoyed it, logged it, and moved on.
  • SarahJohnson1234
    SarahJohnson1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great idea.
    I don't have a smart phone to record calories whilst I'm out so I bought a food diary to help me log foods. I've tried a few diaries and found an easy one to use 'food diary and exercise log by dr Joseph Reece'. The calorie counting diaries was a bit tricky to work out when being out and about so I used this one to quickly log foods. It has motivational quotes at the top of each page which is fun. But everyone has different uses :)
    Either way, log it!!!
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    kjarvo wrote: »
    so fed up with people saying: "not bother to log it, mad weekend" "sister's birthday, not logging tonight", "going on holiday, see you next week" etc!

Yes I do just log it but I disagree with this. Sometimes it's just too hard too log logistically. The app is too slow to log everything using my internet and if I'm on holiday I haven't got access to the internet at all. I try logging for instance at a buffet, then a night out and staying over but it is VERY time consuming and I don't want to spend the night on my phone searching for ''sweet and sour chicken in batter' breadcrumbs?- no that's in cups??? ounces??? I give up'.

you can log 4000 quick add calories and put in the notes "mad weekend not sure what I ate" that takes 2 seconds and can be done days later.

I am about to be away and TBH, my initial plan was to not even bother trying to log. I know it'll be totally off but I am going to give it a go to try, I agree I won't be spending a lot of time searching things in the database but since those entries likely won't be correct for my stuff anyway a quick add will be better than nothing.

It's an exercise to keep me mindful that I don't need to eat the most caloric dense thing offered at every single meal. This logging is a tool that is helpful in more than just one way, and it's helpful even when it can't be 100% accurate. Mindfulness while eating is an important skill to develop for many, me included.