Carrots

Options
So, I bought some baby carrots a while ago and the bag has just been sitting in my fridge. I'm not a huge carrot fan, but I figured it would give me something to munch on while I'm at work.

I grabbed them out of the fridge right before I ran out the door this morning and I have some of them sitting on my desk in a cup. I've eaten two of them, but, blah. :grumble: They just don't taste all that great!

I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions as far as dips go? I actually have some horseradish sauce and some balsamic vinaigrette in our fridge here at work, but, I'm hesitant to try either . . . lol

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    So, I bought some baby carrots a while ago and the bag has just been sitting in my fridge. I'm not a huge carrot fan, but I figured it would give me something to munch on while I'm at work.

I grabbed them out of the fridge right before I ran out the door this morning and I have some of them sitting on my desk in a cup. I've eaten two of them, but, blah. :grumble: They just don't taste all that great!

I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions as far as dips go? I actually have some horseradish sauce and some balsamic vinaigrette in our fridge here at work, but, I'm hesitant to try either . . . lol
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of carrots... I LOVE cream cheese melted on them with rosemary, brown rice and chicken with rosemary as well.. VERY VERY yummy!
  • domjar
    domjar Posts: 19
    Options
    hummas!!!!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Salsa
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You can mix non-fat, plain yogurt with any kind of spices (dry onion soup mix, ranch mix, etc.) to get a healthy "dip."

Hummus is also good as far as protein and such are considered, but not always low fat/calories - so in moderation :wink:
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    Dip usually adds a lot of calories, in the future try to pick some veggies that you enjoy. Good options are bell peppers, snap peas, celery, mushrooms, or even fruit
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    hummas!!!!

Yummy! I love roasted garlic hummus! And a little goes a long way!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    HUMMUS all the way baby!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Use Wishbone salad spritzers -- One calorie per spray. Otherwise, dip in balsamic viniagrette....
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I don't like raw carrots. steam em and have them with dinner or chop them julienne for salads, pasta dishes or stir frys
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    T Marzetti's makes a light version of their veggie zip. You can find it in the produce section usually. I think it's like 40 calories or so per 2 tablespoons (haven't had it in forever, but it's in the database) and it tastes really great...I can eat baby carrots plain, but I really prefer them with zip and the T Marzetti's is a great solution.

And if you really can't stomach the raw carrots in dip, you can also use the carrots in stir fries or chopped up in salads. And if they still don't do your stomach happy, give em to your dog...my dogs LOVE them lol.
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You can also opt for fat free or light dressings too. Just avoid using too much.
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is 10 baby carrots and 1 Tablespoon Fat Free Ranch dressing. It's less than 100 calories. I like carrots, even raw, but I like them with fat free dressing even better!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    baby carrots and Hummus! Yummy!
  • jalopes
    jalopes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    unsweetened applesauce....sounds crazy, but its really yummy
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I feel silly...but what is hummus?:blushing:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I feel silly...but what is hummus?:blushing:

Don't feel silly! :smile: Hummus is blended chickpeas, olive oil, and (usually) garlic. You can add other things such as red bell pepper, etc.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks Molly:flowerforyou:
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hummus is super-tasty, also there's this yummy FF dressing, wasabi dijon, that I LOVE for raw veggies.