Diet Coke

Options
get very bored drinking water, somebody told me diet coke is great for a diet, no sugar,
not sure wether i believe her....so coke or water, whats best

Replies

• jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    try crystal light pure its what i put in water to give it flavor, there are different yummy flavors too
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    diet coke has 4 calories a can and has additives, water is calorie free and not harmful in anyway, its great for hydration and healthy. but if you are bored then why not try adding squash to the water, something like lemon barley or sugar free lime is nice
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Soda not good! Carbonation not good for you and Caffiene dehydrates you so you have to drink even more water. I was so reluctant to give it up, but I did and can't say I'm sorry now.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    wrong question to ask here. haha..... Most MFP'ers really hate diet coke and advise against it. I LOVE it. I know it supposedly "causes cancer" like everything else these days and people on here have like 1000 other things that are wrong with it too, but I don't care. I don't smoke, I'm losing weight, I work out, and I AM drinking my diet coke. I love it
  • bluesnowkat
    Options
    Definitely go with crystal light - I use the on the go packets. Still water, but gives it a flavor boost. While diet drinks may not have calories, they are not good for you. Many studies show that people actually GAIN weight when drinking diet sodas - http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20050613/drink-more-diet-soda-gain-more-weight

Plus, if you're exercising, you need the water.
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    I was a hard core Diet Coke drinker - up to a 12 pack or 2, 2 liter bottles a day. Yes, a day. The problem is not with the calories, the problem is with the chemicals. I decided this was a road to healthy - not just losing weight. So, I left the chemicals behind and am eating as cleanly as possible.

I'd go for the water - with lemon, lime or something real - not crystal light that has more chemicals.

Hope this helps!
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well, one of the ladies here at work stopped drinking diet drinks and she lost 6 lbs in a week! Her ankles were less swollen too. That goes to show that just because they are diet doesn't mean that they are good. There's alot of questionable stuff in them too.
  • kerri76
    kerri76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke.....ah, I used to (still do) love it and was addicted to it especially McDonald's Diet Coke. There are so many chemicals and additives that our bodies just don't need. I drink Iced Tea (plain) and that gives me a break from water and it it more or less like a flavored water anyway. I also drink a liter or more of water a day too. I would try to avoid all pop. Good luck!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    wrong question to ask here. haha..... Most MFP'ers really hate diet coke and advise against it. I LOVE it. I know it supposedly "causes cancer" like everything else these days and people on here have like 1000 other things that are wrong with it too, but I don't care. I don't smoke, I'm losing weight, I work out, and I AM drinking my diet coke. I love it

SO true! I love my diet soda. I know it's bad for me, but I love it!

Though, there isn't even a toss up. Water is better for you! Unless you really like soda and diet soda, avoid it.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Definitely go with crystal light - I use the on the go packets. Still water, but gives it a flavor boost. While diet drinks may not have calories, they are not good for you. Many studies show that people actually GAIN weight when drinking diet sodas - http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20050613/drink-more-diet-soda-gain-more-weight

Plus, if you're exercising, you need the water.

crystal light as aspatamine also
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I love it - obviously!
    Terribly bad for you but I don't think I could live without it.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I drink water throughout the day and then have diet coke with my dinner. All diet drinks add sodium instead of sugar. I have the belief that everything is ok in moderation. I wouldn't drink alot of diet coke, but one glass of it every once in awhile isn't bad for you.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My question is: How bad are you wanting to having a healthy lifestyle?? :huh:

If the answer is very bad then I would say, you have to make the choice of dropping it.
    If the answer is not so much, you can ween yourself off and then work as you go then keep drinking it but try to cut back gradually.

Good Luck on your Journey! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetrachie
    Options
    For me I allow myself 2 (12oz cans) diet cokes a day, otherwise I am unable to stick to a diet, I need my caffeiene! But I alway make sure I drink my 8 glasses of water :)
  • djhavoc
    djhavoc Posts: 43
    Options
    Stick with water and the Crystal Light flavoring like some have mentioned, I drink Coke Zero about every 4 days sometimes I have the urge for soda no need to cut it off completely but maybe treat yourself once every few days as a reward and only 1 can don't over do it.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    lols

Drink what YOU like and want. If it makes you fat or feel bad then quit. If not then enjoy it.
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I drink it in moderation...maybe 1 can a day. It doesn't make me crave sweets/sugar.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I love diet coke and drank alot of it. Now I won't let myself have a DC until I have finished my water goal for the day. So that means alot of time, I don't have DC because I am not thirsty by that point.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried flavored seltzer? I don't care for diet soda or crystal light, but I definitely get bored with plain water. The Polar brand has no calories, no sodium, and no artificial sweeteners. I know there's some research that suggests a link between excessive seltzer consumption and bone-density issues, but I don't think I'm anywhere near "excessive."