Those days where you just don't want to

Options
I'm feeling very unmotivated today. It's sunday, which means that according to runkeeper, I'm supposed to run 7 miles (11.3 km). That'll take me around an hour and 10-15 minutes. That would be alright, I love running - except for the fact that it's absolutely pouring down outside. I don't mind short runs in the rain, but running for more than an hour in the freezing rain does not appeal to me at all today.
Because on top of the weather, I'm exhausted from a lack of sleep, I have mountains of homework & assignments, and I've got horrible cramps because it's that time of the month again. My knee is also bugging me a bit.

I really just want to curl up on the couch with a mug of tea and a movie.

Can you guys relate? What do you normally do when you encounter a day where you just DON'T want to?

Replies

• JoKessho
    JoKessho Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    "Sometimes running sucks. You're tired, it's early and it's cold. You don't wanna. Till you lace up and remember why you love the run." -Run pretty far

"Even a bad run is better than no run"

This is what I go to when I don't feel like going. You don't have to run the whole 1 h 15 min - just go for 15 or 30 min - it will be better than not going at all. PLUS, you get to hop into a nice warm shower afterwards ;)
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    JoKessho wrote: »
    You don't have to run the whole 1 h 15 min - just go for 15 or 30 min - it will be better than not going at all. PLUS, you get to hop into a nice warm shower afterwards ;)

That's what I think I'll do. Go running, but give myself permission to stop halfway through if it really sucks. I feel like the love for running is lost once you make it a chore, so I'll try to cut myself some slack (without slacking completely) ;)