Time to go to the mattresses!

Options
124»

Replies

• jennjenn1216
    jennjenn1216 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is wonderful! And the initial post is fantastic. Thank you for the smiles.

Former Fond du Lac resident here and after seeing your pictures, I can't help myself... GO PACK GO!
  • squatmami
    squatmami Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Omgsh you are so funny , welcome back , i really think you should write your own blog about your journey , i would follow it ! Its nice to hear about every'ones struggles aswell as the success, im pretty sure most peoples success started with multiple failures

Were all in the same boat no matter what we start at, the main thing is that we all make a start
    And if we quit , we start again xxx
  • shadowjack1965
    shadowjack1965 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    squatmami wrote: »
    Omgsh you are so funny , welcome back , i really think you should write your own blog about your journey , i would follow it ! Its nice to hear about every'ones struggles aswell as the success, im pretty sure most peoples success started with multiple failures

Were all in the same boat no matter what we start at, the main thing is that we all make a start
    Thanks! I do my own blog but haven't added to it in a while. I should though a I just hit 65 lbs this morning! BOOM!

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Hey another Wisconsinite! Congrats!
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    Thanks! Go PACK GO! :)
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    Congratulations! That is wonderful! And the initial post is fantastic. Thank you for the smiles.

Former Fond du Lac resident here and after seeing your pictures, I can't help myself... GO PACK GO!
    #GPG!

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    SO funny story. OMG I laughing so hard. DIE DIE DIE!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    squatmami wrote: »

Good suggestion, this voice is one I'd love to read in blogs once in awhile.
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    Good suggestion, this voice is one I'd love to read in blogs once in awhile.
    I'll take your advice on that. I do a blog but haven't updated it in a while. Will have to get back out there! Thanks for the words of encouragement.

• shadowjack1965
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    Just reached a major milestone, 75 lbs!

Everyone keep going, you can do it!
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    Thought I'd update my status now, a year or so later.

Was doing extremely well up until July 18th, 2015. Dropped 79 lbs and was very close to 80 when my discipline broke. I gained 20 lbs over the course of a year and spent many, many months gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. Within the last month I gained another 10 and that's when I, hopefully, found my mojo again. Got back to the gym, and found my mind had returned to that place where it can fight back against the selfish body's desires and cravings. The desire to be fit and more healthy is winning against the insistence of taste and "hunger pangs." Still down 50 from where I started, time to regain some lost ground.

#NeverQuit
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    June 17, 2014 I started a journey to lose 120 lbs. As I mentioned last year, by July 18, 2015 I'd dropped 78 lbs but then my discipline broke and I started eating badly again. I never fully gave up, I kept checking in here, but wound up gaining back 34 lbs over two years. When I saw I'd violated my unofficial rule by breaking 260 lbs, I reached back inside and found my "mojo" again.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting back on it before you gained even more.

Instead of relying on discipline this time, you might try to make new habits. Sometimes motivation can fail, but if you already have the habit of eating the way you need to you don't really need a lot of motivation.

And remember, a journey of a thousand miles starts with getting on the bus lest you be run over by the Acme train. Or something like that. :)
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!! Great story!!
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Instead of relying on discipline this time, you might try to make new habits. Sometimes motivation can fail, but if you already have the habit of eating the way you need to you don't really need a lot of motivation.

This is true, but it requires discipline to maintain one's habits. :)

I'm just glad to be back reestablishing my habits and getting back on the bandwagon. Down eight so far, waiting patiently for the other two.
  • cynthiabickham
    cynthiabickham Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm looking for new friends!