1200 cals/day + 3 hours of cardio a week, still not losing

Options
124»

Replies

• xjgirl94
    xjgirl94 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a lot of fish chicken and tuna plus veggies and fruits as well as salads. I watch my carbs, eat 3 small meals and two or three snacks a day, walk at least 2 miles a day with my puppy. I have been doing it since Sunday and have already lost 4.8 lbs and haven't felt like I have been starving. I drink plenty of water daily actually its all I drink!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner... Did I post something inappropriate for this board?

In all honesty, I agree with your previous post the laws of thermodynamics still apply... To lose weight you must operate at a deficit... Since the op was rather vague on her food intake... My first thought is that she is probably eating more than she thinks she is...Hence my food scale comment...

I don't know.....why do you ask?

All I know is calories in/calories out is for weight loss, macro balance is for nutrition, and exercise is for endurance and strength.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with a previous post. I am a nutritionist. I don't think you are eating enough. For the amount of cardio that your are doing, it looks like you are putting your body in what we call starvation mode. Back during the caveman days when times got hard and food was scarce, this was what inabled us to survive through hard times and keep ourselves alive. When you cut calories too drasticly, your body protects itself by holding on to all of the fat you have stored. Try increasing your intake in 500 calorie incriments, and see what happens. Be advised, every body is different. Just because your scale isn't budging doesnt mean you are not getting results. Pay attention to the way your clothes fit.

Queen, starvation mode does not happen to the common dieter. Read up on the Minnesota Starvation Experiment, if you have not already done so. Starvation mode is not determined by the amount of calories eaten, but by the loss of a certain amount of body fat and muscle.

A blanket statement of saying to just increase calories by 500 calories is poor advice, especially for someone who is not losing weight in the first place.

However, I do agree with paying attention to how your clothes fit. :)
  • FeenixFlashfire
    FeenixFlashfire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner- my bad... When you reposted the three posts above mine... In some communities that is done to "block the troll"... My very first visit to these boards so I wanted to be sure that I wasn't out of line...
    - In regards to calories/macros/exercise... We are in accord :D
  • chicacherry666
    Options
    You are probably in denial about how much you're really eating + your portions could be too big measure everything out. Watch out for what you put on salads leave out calorie ladden dressing try balsamic vinegar and take away cheese and croutons if you eat any. Btw I'm 5'3 too and 103 lbs (I'm 18 though).
    P.S watch an episode of secret eaters on YouTube!!!!!