9 weeks to Christmas. who wants to get into shape.

Options

Replies

• santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    DON'T KNOW WHEN EVERYONE IS WEIGHING THEMSELVES BUT I'M GOING TO POST ON SUNDAY MORNING. 1ST WEEKS WEIGHT LOSS. ITS GOT TO BE 1 POUND, OR MORE IF POSSIBLE.

AS MY SURNAME IS SANT, I'LL BE THE CHRISTMAS FAIRY, AND I'LL BE NICE IF YOU LOSE WEIGHT. WHO CAN BE THE BIGGEST CHRISTMAS LOSER!!!
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 10 pound to make it 5 stone loss in the year but im really struggling to keep going especially now the weather has turned cool. I want to eat rubbish especially at the weekends hopefully you guys can keep me focused on 10 pound by Christmas!!!
  • kharmon2013
    kharmon2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 25lbs more by Christmas. Putting me at a 50lb total loss :) Im going on a trip to the beach in Indonesia and would love to fit into a new bathing suit. I know 25lbs is a stretch but I just did it in a little under 10 weeks, so I know I can do it!
  • frecklesandfries
    frecklesandfries Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! I would like to join. Although joining in with someone else's sentiments, I will not be putting any food off limits or making strict rules. I will just say that I will log everyday and I will do something for my health everyday- whether it be taking a walk, chosing the salad over the wings, or packing a healthier lunch so I don't feel compelled to go buy something. :) Here's to a challenge!
  • pru101
    pru101 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ill join in! I would love to lose that much by Xmas! Add me for motivation and support :)
  • Amianne
    Amianne Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Should we start a group so we can have weekly weigh ins on a thread and support and chit chat on other threads?
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That would be great!
  • Rigi8
    Rigi8 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    :D OK I'm in - after doing really well with mfp I am now stuck and have been for about 6 months, just yo-yoing up and down a couple of pounds at a time. I'm now 8 pounds higher than I was and I still had 10 pounds to go then. So I need some motivation please - will welcome new friends to help me achieve 14 pounds before Xmas
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Okay so on the 12th October (when I discovered this thread) I was 221.9lbs and now I'm 217.7lbs - that's 4.2lbs gone and my goal is to lose 20lbs by Christmas. :smile: Are we going to create a group or stick to this thread format?
  • mikatoofly
    mikatoofly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im in...... I want to lose 12 lbs by Christmas.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is to lose 20lbs and be able to run a 5k before the end of the year :smile:
  • DingHanna
    Options
    I want to lose 15 lbs by Christmas, so I am in! :)
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in, after doing really well I've lost the plot the last couple of months, back on it as of yesterday though and i'd like to lose 15lb by Christmas and also get my running distance back up to 9 mile as I'm running my first half marathon at the beginning of March so need to get into serious training!
  • zacksnana
    Options
    I made a group IN SHAPE BY CHRISTMAS if anyone wants to do weekly weigh in there.
  • kristine1957huss
    Options
    I'm in!! Just started this plan last week and hope to stick with it. 10 pounds by Christmas might be a little aggressive but I will give it the old college try. Currently 5'5" and 152 pounds. My goal is 140 and completely doable. I have not been exercising and eating too much for the past 2 years. Needless to say the pounds have crept up on me. I used to freak out when the scale inched off of 140. Then I accepted 145 ... What the heck my clothes still fit right? I also think retailers have done us a huge disservice. You can buy a size 8 at one store that is completely different than a size 8 at another. OK so I admit I started buying clothes that said 8 but were probably 10's. Then the last 5 pounds appeared. And now it is fall and time to get into some of the clothes from last year. Well, why don't they fit??? So, that's were I am. Going to get back on track and get rid of the 10 plus pounds. I would be happy to share what works for me and hopefully help you too. Any help or advise you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Did I mention I am 57 years old and this isn't as easy as it used to be 10-20 years ago but then again not much is the same there either.
    Success to you and hope to make new friends.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You should create a group!! I'd like to join. I'm going for around 10 pounds!!
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down to ONEderland by Christmas. I have lost 7 pounds in about 3 weeks now and 26 pounds overall. I am down to 209.4. So, I'm more driven than ever to ring in the new year under 200 pounds! Especially with the holidays coming up, I am really going to try to make sure not to sabotage myself by eating all of the sweets and treats and carbs!
  • zacksnana
    Options
    You should create a group!! I'd like to join. I'm going for around 10 pounds!!

Created! IN SHAPE BY CHRISTMAS.
  • bbbDancer
    bbbDancer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love this one... I did it last year too! 10 pounds by Christmas would be fab! More would be extremely fab!!!!! : )