Would you buy a house where a child was allegedly murdered?

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Meh. No :o I couldn't live in a house where someone was previously murdered.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Never. Poor little love, that's too sad. :'(

I agree with this posting.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    SPNLuver83 wrote: »
    Ok say you were needing to move and fast. And let's say the homes in your price range all require a bit of work - work you can DIY with the help of family - but still work. Then let's say a home just comes on the market for a very good price, but when google-ing the address you discover a mere couple days ago charges were pressed on a local man that allegedly inflicted blunt force trauma on a small child, causing death. Would you still consider buying the home?

I would. I don't even really understand this question. LOL are you scared of ghosts or something? o_O
  • ButtBagg
    Options
    No, the kid is gonna haunt the house. Maybe.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    SrJoben wrote: »
    Ok say you were needing to move and fast. And let's say the homes in your price range all require a bit of work - work you can DIY with the help of family - but still work. Then let's say a home just comes on the market for a very good price, but when google-ing the address you discover a mere couple days ago charges were pressed on a local man that allegedly inflicted blunt force trauma on a small child, causing death. Would you still consider buying the home?

I would. I don't even really understand this question. LOL are you scared of ghosts or something? o_O

People are superstitious.
  • nickysbt
    Options
    Are you kidding? I'd snatch it right up. I'd make sure there were no blood splatters or anything, but if the only thing "wrong" with the place is that a kid died then I'd be all over it. Real estate is heading up again, homes below market value are hard to find.

I'm also a very science-based person though. Ghosts don't freak me out. Murderers do, but it sounds like the guy was invited in rather than some random break in.
  • rdfhunter
    rdfhunter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Finished basement? Sauna ?
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I personally would not. I respect people who would be able to look past that, but the history of things really freak me out. =P I would just feel sad all the time in the house.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason not to. It's not like there would be blood all over the walls or whatever. I'm actually in the process of house hunting right now and I'm keeping an eye out for places like this because they tend to be cheaper. I'm not a superstitious person so it makes no difference to me.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I would. It's sad, for sure - but every house has had something bad/sad happen in it I bet - divorce, death, abuse, rape, etc. You can't hide from terrible things. But that's me - obviously the thought makes you uncomfortable, so you probably shouldn't.
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No. I'm personally very sensitive to negative energies(i live near a tyson chicken farm and i'm unable to pass it without severe anxiety), so i definitely would not buy it.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If the murderer is in jail then sure! But if he is still at large, then NO!
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Is this for real? Just hearing this makes my stomach turn. The fact that you are asking makes you unsure. People leave their vibrations everywhere. I would not buy it. You will think of that child every single day you live there. Don't do it.

Yes it's for real.... Times are hard right now and we need to move from our house..... We are arranged to close next week on a mobile home for $6300 but it needs work before we can move in... Not being able to hire someone to do it we need to figure it out on our own.... I saw this listing yesterday and it looks so nice on the outside... Then I googled the address and found the news articles.....
    pd
    Don't do it...you will save a couple grand. Come on- the stress is not worth it...And lets say you do have to sell sometime down the road---the killing would need to be disclosed. it's not just the house---its the neighborhood. Anytime Ive tried to save a few bucks on really important things--I end up paying for it...financially and emotionally big time. Plus- people may think the new neighbours are weird to buy a place like that. Don't set yourself up for failure.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I took my wife to see a house that I knew was. Ring sold because the husband shot himself. He was in his 70's and dying of cancer. I didn't tell my wife. The house wasn't really right for us, but as soon as my wife found out it was completely off the table. At the end of the day it is just a house to me but if it doesn't feel right, don't buy.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I would, yes. Maybe plant a tree in the yard in honor of the child. My parents died in my mother's house - murder/suicide. After being placed on the market, with everything disclosed, the house sold very quickly.
  • vegasgyrl79971
    Options
    Heck no and you said it just happened? Plus you know where in the house it happened? No way, that is why I am really hoping that when I make that leap to buy a home I can get new construction. I am a history buff and things that have happened, stick with me. I could NEVER be comfortable there.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Something will have happened in most houses (apart from brand new ones) Are you going to check the history of every house you look at?
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Under NO circumstances. I live in Newtown, CT, where Sandy Hook Elementary School has been, thankfully, razed. You have too many other options for housing than to live in that place.
  • Hikarika
    Hikarika Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't really see the problem here. A haunted house just means your kids have got another little friend to play with.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why not?
    Would screwing myself over bring that kid back from the dead?
    NOPE!
    And I've worked in real estate for 22 years. Property is an investment to me - including the home we occupy.
    It would not bother me in the least.
    Life goes on; buy the house, and forget about it. Just my opinion... :)