Water retention

Options
Does anyone known a natural way of losing the uncomfertable water weight. I can't even take my wedding ring off. I don't wsnt to take a pill. I'm looking for something that's all natural.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Drink more water
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and try to keep processed foods to a minimum. Someone suggested to me dandelion tea, SAVE YOURSELF! It tastes like dirt a dog *kitten* on, and didn't work.
  • mags080611
    mags080611 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Water relieves water retention?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    mags080611 wrote: »
    Water relieves water retention?

Yes, its ridiculous I know, but believe me water retention is the bane of my existence, so at this point I'm an expert.
  • poetgirl115
    poetgirl115 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When your body feels as though it is not hydrated enough, it holds on to all the water it can. By drinking water, you are hydrating your body, and it can then let go of all excess water it's stored in your tissues. The same thing happens when you eat a high sodium meal or have your TOM. Your body bloats because it's trying to hold on to water.
  • sassygirl711
    sassygirl711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    drinking more water really works!
    some foods are natural diuretics: asparagus, watermelon...
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Less salt, more water :D
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Giving your body enough water on a consistent basis lets your body know that it isn't in drought conditions and dosnt have to hold it. Water also helps flush excess salt out of your system which further reduces your bodies ability to store water. Potassium and magnesium are also essential in helping keep balance in your hydration.
  • longandpink
    longandpink Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I take natural aquaban and loads of water. I pee more and i am not as bloated.
  • ShammaarB
    ShammaarB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Usual reasons for water retention is you have a lot of sodium in your diet. Or you're not hydrated enough. The less you drink, the more your body holds on to its fluids. The more you drink water, the kidneys will get rid of the excess. Some people might have an actual condition though