Strength training

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
I have been been working out since the beginning of January but most of what I have done is cardio. Now that I am almost halfway to my goal I would like to add in more strength training so as I lose the last 15 I can start toning and building more muscle. I am looking for ideas of strength training exercises/work outs that I can do at home. I don't really have a schedule that allows me to go the gym regularly. I do have some hand weights and a resistance band.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Check out youtube, I have started doing workouts from the videos on there using hand weights, a fitness ball, a little yoga and pilates too.
  • kellyfultz
    kellyfultz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ChaLean Extreme is great.
  • kellyfultz
    kellyfultz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    This one I love it!! Im starting my 3rd week today. Did I mention they are 30 minute workouts. Except for 1 I think is like 40min.
    ChaLean Extreme is great.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    There are a couple dvds I like to do for strength; Biggest Loser Power Sculpt, and Bob Harper's Inside Out Method (he has a couple different ones with the same title, a cardio and a strength, so make sure you get the right one). Both are awesome and pretty intense. :)