Just started and afraid I'll quit

Options
2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    ladystarr wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone for the motivation! Weighed in and lost 2.2 lbs this week. (Could be more since I am bloated and it's my TOM). Thank you again! I feel great about this! :D

You're doing great Hon! Congrats on the lbs. dropped especially if you're feeling bloated, it's even more of a victory!

I think it was pretty ingenious of you to open up like you did with your thread title so others could jump in and know how you were feeling and what you needed from us. It's also a good feeling when you know you're not alone and the only one out there going through this! By now I imagine you've gained much wisdom, many friends and confidence that you can do this. Yes they'll be bumps along the road but now you know it's possible right from the start you asked for support and you've got a great attitude to make changes possible and then the loss this week...

Well, Congrats on so many levels!!!
    cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ladystarr
    Options
    Thank you so much <3
  • annehutson2
    Options
    I found when I looked at the foods I was eating that they were calorie dense but nutrition poor. This app helps me look at calories in a different way than I was...I stopped eating the pre packaged foods and mostly eat whole foods. Lots more vegetables and fruit and resistant carbs. I would eat something like a burger before or a frozen burrito and still be hungry...I would turn to chips or something to fill up on. Now I eat foods that serve me rather than ones that make me feel bad. One day at a time is the goal. When you over load on calories or go off the wagon just remember that your body will forgive you if you just get back on the wagon again. Every little bit helps. Good luck. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You are being brave and are trying to tackle something that has a profound effect on your life and future. Im sure the others have given you some good advice, but my four tips are.

1. Get some good friends or if not in real life get people from mfp who will sipport you. If you feel responsible and someone is looking out for you then you are going to feel less isolated and more likely to stick with it.
    2. Be realistic and set small targets. What you want are targets which mean something but you can hit. 1lb loss, 5 min walk, log for a week. When you hit them look for your next target.
    3. Take it one day at a time by the use of these small tragets. Every day you win and dont quit is a day closer to your target.
    4. Prepare properly. Read up and learn as much about what you are trying to do plus learn how to avoid the pit falls.

If you apply your mind and make the commitent follow the plan, then you will get to your destination. Have faith in yourself and keep your eye on the target.

Hope that helps.
  • ladystarr
    Options
    That does help a lot. Luckily, I have found fantastic friends on MFP and reading all the success stories have helped push me. Thankfully, this time, I am looking at this as not really a diet, but a healthy way to live. Veggies and fruits are my lifesavers!!!!
  • bhinoj
    bhinoj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. Don't have the all or nothing mentality. Don't weigh yourself everyday because it is very deceiving and it shouldn't determine your mood. These are just a few things that are helping me. MFP and looking at other's food choices is also helpful.
  • WorkoutJunkie1
    Options
    Don't quit. Stick with me despite what the scale says at times. You are going to have setbacks, but you are also going to have proud moments. You are going to go through a trail of emotions, but that's okay. Those emotions are going to be brought along by the change of your lifestyle, eating habits, and your body transforming. At the end of your journey, you are going to look back and think "that was easy." Don't let the tough times get you down.