2000 calorie a day women?

Options
Just wondering if any woman eating 2000 calorie a day to lose weight if so what's your average weekly weightloss ?

Replies

• Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've tried eating about that and incorporating more exercise but 2000 calories a day was just too much for me to lose, I need to eat 1200-1500 a day. Did you check what your calorie intake should be based on your current age/weight/height?
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I ate above that at my heaviest and lost 2-4lbs a week. :) It really depends on your stats :) Now i eat about 1500 at my current weight with exercise.
  • hhmerh
    hhmerh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have to calculate your BMR then add your activity level. Google it to calculate it! I am eating 1700 and that is my deficient. It has been working great, definitely seeing fat loss.
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all for responding but just to be clear I'm not looking for advice on the calories I should eat.. Just was curious if any women eat 2000 and lose fat :)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I still lose at 5'3.5 " and 120 lbs on 1900. It depends on a few things, activity level being key. I would pick an amount and stick to it for a few weeks, adjust from there by about 100 calories until you have steady weight loss. Calculators are all guesses. TDEE method worked much better for me, as I tend to keep the same routine every week. So, I calculated my TDEE -15% and stuck to that amount. That way, I know where to move calories without having to wonder if I've calculated exercise calories right. Plus, gives me more to eat every day, rather than having to eat less on non exercise days.
  • justalittlecrazy
    justalittlecrazy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am eating 2300 calories per day plus usually my exercise calories, too, for a total of around 3000 calories. I am losing 1.5-2 lbs per week, just as mfp says I should. I know I could cut back more drastically but I have tried that before and it has been hard to stick with. I am in this for the long haul.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I was losing .5 a week on ~2000 a day. I am now maintaining ~2300.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all for responding but just to be clear I'm not looking for advice on the calories I should eat.. Just was curious if any women eat 2000 and lose fat :)

"Normal weight" women who exercise a lot can eat 2000 and lose weight. But, you have to exercise a lot. :smiley: I'd need to run 85 mins. a day to be able to afford 2000 calories. Yeah, that's not going to happen. Instead, I eat ~1400 cals. a day and burn ~200 cals. from exercise for a balance of 1200 calories. It's working so far!

BMI calculator: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Being heavier increases calorie burn... So, at 275+ lbs., a person could also lose weight at 2000 cals./day according to the weight loss calculator (MFP calculations may be slightly different):

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php

What matters is how much you currently weigh (b/c that is how many calories you burn just being you) and how much additional exercise you do.

Does this answer your question?

19507081.png
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I upped my activity level on here was losing on 1830 to 2000 if I ate 2000 calories each day would continue losing am eating more than that to maintain..
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Normal weight woman and I can easily lose on 2000-2800 a day, with a net of 1600. And it does not require me to do 85 minutes of running either. A few hours walking gets me to 2000 or similarly, an hour walking and 20 mins elliptical etc etc. I suppose it depends how active one is. I am, however, quite tall.
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Depends on your age, current weight, height -- if you're a big person to begin with, or tall, you can still eat 2000 calories and lose weight. Your BMR will be higher than a short, older woman.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    Normal weight woman and I can easily lose on 2000-2800 a day, with a net of 1600. And it does not require me to do 85 minutes of running either. A few hours walking gets me to 2000 or similarly, an hour walking and 20 mins elliptical etc etc. I suppose it depends how active one is. I am, however, quite tall.

Indeed. It's all about the math. Your math may vary! :D
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options

Of course! I'm sure a lot of women can eat 2000 calories a day and lose fat.

I pretty easily lose around .5- 1lb a week eating an average of 2000 calories a day, possibly more if I am more active.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if any woman eating 2000 calorie a day to lose weight if so what's your average weekly weightloss ?

I tend to average anywhere between 1800-2000 calories per day to lose weight. My average from 9/11 to 10/11 was 1920 calories per day. In that time I lost about 3.4lbs. I've been eating this amount for awhile and at first the weight loss was faster, but it is slowing down. I exercise 6-7 days a week currently.

• kaika_dragon
    kaika_dragon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My baseline calorie intake on MFP is 1960, but like 98% of the time I exercise enough that I end up eating 200+ calories over that without going over my limit. I've been doing this since July, and I know I lost five pounds by mid August. At that point I moved back up to school, where I don't have a scale, so I have no idea how much I've lost since then. But according to the tape measure and my falling off pants, I *have* lost two inches around my waist, and another inch or two around my booty. So I must be losing a reasonable amount.
    For context, I am 5'9", and I started off weighing 258 lbs. I am about 80% sure that I'm at least down to 245 now, probably more like 235-240. Considering that when I was 245 before, my waist was 39.5", and when I was at 225 (lowest weight ever), it was somewhere between 37 and 38".
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've eaten between 1800 and 2400 calories per day for most of my weight loss and I've lost just on 70kg. Or 153lbs if you prefer. When I was eating 2400 I was a lot further from goal than I am now and losing 2 - 3 lbs per week. Now I'm almost at goal so not aiming to lose much per week.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    MFP says I should lose about .5lbs a week at 2000, so it's possible, but losing that slowly would drive me beyond insane with the amount I have to lose.
  • PinkyQT
    PinkyQT Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I lost 5lbs this summer from eating 2000-2500 calories a day. I mainly ate fruit and veg though.
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    hhmerh wrote: »
    You have to calculate your BMR then add your activity level. Google it to calculate it! I am eating 1700 and that is my deficient. It has been working great, definitely seeing fat loss.
    I've eaten between 1800 and 2400 calories per day for most of my weight loss and I've lost just on 70kg. Or 153lbs if you prefer. When I was eating 2400 I was a lot further from goal than I am now and losing 2 - 3 lbs per week. Now I'm almost at goal so not aiming to lose much per week.
    Aemely wrote: »

Im a short obese woman.I did 2000 last week verdicts in lost 2lbs so I'll see how long it last. Also I'm stay at home mom I consider myself sedentary.

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    hhmerh wrote: »
    Aemely wrote: »

Im a short obese woman.I did 2000 last week verdicts in lost 2lbs so I'll see how long it last. Also I'm stay at home mom I consider myself sedentary.

Congrats! It is wonderful to lose weight and not have to starve!