HELP!

Options
I recently just got back from a 2 week vacation down in Nashville, TN and I fell off the wagon while I was down there! Now that I'm back, I can't seem to get motivated again and get back into my routine! I did go to the gym yesterday, but I still felt sluggish and it's almost like I'm so disgusted with myself that I let myself fall off the wagon that I just don't care anymore. It doesn't help that a week before I went down to Nashville, my boyfriend and I broke up, so I think I just let myself go while on vacation.. Any suggestions or ideas to help get me back on track with everything?!

I'm planning on moving down to Nashville in August and I don't want to look like this.. So I have a little less than a year to reach my goal (total of 50-60 lbs lost).. HELP!!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're the only one that can do this, thus you have to want it badly enough to put the work in. Good luck!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Tennessee. I'm in Knoxville. Be warned that the overwhelming culture here is not exactly healthy! You have to be OK with being different!

About your situation, so you had a good vacation. Two weeks isn't going to kill you but you have to force yourself to get back with it. I read once that it takes 2 weeks to break a habit... coincidence that you had a 2 week vacation and now you are having trouble?! So, take 2 weeks and force yourself to eat right. Exercise if you feel like it, but focus hard on diet for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks - if you stuck with it - start adding in exercise again. If you cheat, you reset the clock!

As far as feeling sluggish, it is probably all the junk you ate. If you feed yourself garbage - especially after eating healthy - you feel like crap for a few days afterwards.

Just set your mind to it and be strong. Make yourself and your goal more important that your "want".
  • Kylie814
    Kylie814 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think that was my problem! I love all the food down there! It's so addicting!!
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I had a really rough 2 weeks, i was sick, and i was completely dreading going back to the gym, but i made a decision to go back and start eating healthier again. The decision is yours to make, but just remember as soon as you get back on the wagon, its like riding a bike it will all come back and you'll fall right back into your routine. DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!!!!