Noodles

Options
So I bought a package of noodles today. It says 44 calories for 60 gr uncooked. Is that even possible? Should I trust it?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Is that shiraki noodles or something?
  • Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Is it from a legitimate company? Can you look it up on their website to verify? I don't think they can just flat out lie on a nutrition label...
  • buket1819
    buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Boccellin wrote: »
    Is it from a legitimate company? Can you look it up on their website to verify? I don't think they can just flat out lie on a nutrition label...

I looked it up on their website, its the same there. Also the other type with vegetables is 44 calories for the same amount, I'm just confused
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What brand are they? Can you post the website and see if anyone else has tried them?
  • buket1819
    Options
    What brand are they? Can you post the website and see if anyone else has tried them?

Oh well, it's Turkish but you can change to English on top left : http://www.nudo.com.tr
    Thanks for the response :smile:
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the 44 is a misprint. I am looking at the 60 g tubs and yes the vegetable says 44 cals but all of the others flavours seem to be over 100 cals.
  • buket1819
    Options
    ChrisM8971 wrote: »
    I wonder if the 44 is a misprint. I am looking at the 60 g tubs and yes the vegetable says 44 cals but all of the others flavours seem to be over 100 cals.

I've thought of it, but it says 44 on the package itself.
  • ChrisM8971
    Options
    buket1819 wrote: »

I've thought of it, but it says 44 on the package itself.

Does it give you the other nutritional information on the packet?

Check calculate from that if its there, 4 cals per g of Carbohydrate, 4 cals per g of Protein and 9 cals per g of fat
  • ChrisM8971
    Options
    Just checked it, the carbohydrates look wrong.

All flavours except the vegetable have carbs of 12 plus but the vegetable one is 4 point something

Looks far too low to me for noodles
  • buket1819
    Options

All flavours except the vegetable have carbs of 12 plus but the vegetable one is 4 point something

So they can just lie about it?
  • ChrisM8971
    Options
    buket1819 wrote: »

So they can just lie about it?

Nope not legally in most places (not sure what the laws are in Turkey on this sort of thing are though)

They can make mistakes though and as I said it just looks wrong compared with the other flavours and on the carbohydrates.

Why not contact them and check?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Now I've got a craving for those...