Doing 30 Day Shred and gaining weight!

Options
I've been doing 30 day shred for a week and I have gained 3-5 lbs (depending on the day i weigh). I realize that I am toning muscle, but is it causing me to gain weight too? The first time around doing 30 day shred (2 years ago) i didn't gain weight. I am getting discouraged, but wanted to ask if any one else gained at first but had good results?

Replies

• AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What are you eating?
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm eating what i've always ate before working out and I wasn't gaining weight then so not sure whats going on. I don't eat the healthiest by far, but like I said i wasn't gaining weight before working out.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    this happened to me too, its your muscles retaining water , its better to do measurements I found with the 30ds , keep going and you will pleasantly surprised at the end :)
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week. You're probably retaining water. Chill out, and don't weight yourself so often (assuming you've weighed in more than once this past week).

And, no, you did not put n 5 pounds of muscle in one week.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It's normal to gain some pounds in water retention after starting a new workout.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's common to have some water retention issues when you first start working out, but it's also common to unconsciously eat more when you start working out if you're not careful. Are you tracking your food somewhere?
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    this happened to me too, its your muscles retaining water , its better to do measurements I found with the 30ds , keep going and you will pleasantly surprised at the end :)

Same ^
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    nadiabear1 wrote: »
    leann74016 wrote: »
    I'm eating what i've always ate before working out and I wasn't gaining weight then so not sure whats going on. I don't eat the healthiest by far, but like I said i wasn't gaining weight before working out.

Because your building muscle which will make you lose inches, it's not about what the scale says.
    no she is not building muscle.

As for the weight gain depending on your logging it's probably water retention...I wouldn't worry about it right now if you are logging accurately.