Would you buy a house where a child was allegedly murdered?

124»

Replies

• klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 308 Member
    Honestly, no I don't think so. Knowing what happened there would bother me and I honestly believe that places absorb the energy of people who inhabited them. I just don't think I could live there. I feel like in my mind I would be seeing that poor child being harmed over and over again. I don't think it would be good for my family. Good luck to you! I hope you are able to find a good place to live!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Yeah, if I loved the house/area.
  • jharlowlives
    jharlowlives Posts: 41 Member
    ghosts are the best - definitely do it
  • avoidtheclapp107
    avoidtheclapp107 Posts: 49 Member
    NOPE. When I bought my house I specified "not haunted" and "no flood zone." Not necessarily in that order.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    true story.........I used to live in Houston, Texas........and 3 houses over was the famous Rogers Refrigerator murder scene

the house is gone, but the lot was NEVER built on....well, until about 5 years ago........An older couple was found in June of 1965 all cut up and put in a refrigerator...its a true story, goole it.......the Rogers Refrigerator murder.....and they think it was their son who killed them and put them into the refrigerator......

No one, no one would ever consider building or living on that lot..matter of fact, the next door neighbors opened thier fencing to include their yard within the Rogers lot....all, and I repeat, all of their dalmations that they owned, sensed something wrong and would never venture into the lot

One really strange thing happened..........when President John Kennedy was shot in Dallas, thier son, the one who was suspected of chopping up his parents ,was one of the first arrested and taken in for questioning that day in November

When I lived there, everyonce in a while, a car would stop and ask where the famous Rogers murder home was........really creeepy........

here is the link.......Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHvsbz0SJqs
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I don't believe in ghosts. Or "vibrations". I would make sure that it was an isolated incident and not some REALLY creepy situation, just because I wouldn't want any of the church pastor's other friends coming by. But if it's safe, there is no reason you shouldn't be happy there. Supersition ain't the way.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    lloydrt wrote: »
    true story.........I used to live in Houston, Texas........and 3 houses over was the famous Rogers Refrigerator murder scene

the house is gone, but the lot was NEVER built on....well, until about 5 years ago........An older couple was found in June of 1965 all cut up and put in a refrigerator...its a true story, goole it.......the Rogers Refrigerator murder.....and they think it was their son who killed them and put them into the refrigerator......

No one, no one would ever consider building or living on that lot..matter of fact, the next door neighbors opened thier fencing to include their yard within the Rogers lot....all, and I repeat, all of their dalmations that they owned, sensed something wrong and would never venture into the lot

One really strange thing happened..........when President John Kennedy was shot in Dallas, thier son, the one who was suspected of chopping up his parents ,was one of the first arrested and taken in for questioning that day in November

When I lived there, everyonce in a while, a car would stop and ask where the famous Rogers murder home was........really creeepy........

here is the link.......Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHvsbz0SJqs

I read about this. The house was demolished in 1972 and condos were built on the lot in 2000. So people are now living there. Wonder if they've seen any ghosts or "sensed" any "vibrations." lol

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    I still keep up some with my old neighbors, but I did talk to the ones who were living when it first happend......

The lady who lived across the street knew them and she always thought their was something strange........it was a one story house, but they opened the attic up and the son lived up on the 2nd story, but it had an outside stairway to get into the attic......

so, and she stated that when she asked Mrs Rogers , how her son was doing, she would say, that although he lived there in the same house, she hadn't seen her son for months...he lurked about at night, after they went to bed

Also, this same lady told me, after it happend for about 3 months, it was non stop traffic..people driving around the block, over and over and over.......they were mesmorized by it...again, back in those days, these crimes were rare, unlike today..

also, the little idiot son had to dispose of other internal parts, and they found those a few weeks later........really a macabe situation

I did speak to many of the people who lived on that block, and they were all scared of the son......creepy.......HAPPY HALLOWEEN..........
  • RyanQu
    RyanQu Posts: 48
    If it was cheap, yes.
  • ravenribbs wrote: »
    Under NO circumstances. I live in Newtown, CT, where Sandy Hook Elementary School has been, thankfully, razed. You have too many other options for housing than to live in that place.
    Has it? Thank goodness for that. Awful horrible incident with too many bad memories for a lot of people I imagine.

• Curious OP - what did you decide?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited October 2014
    Ok so we decided not to buy it.,, not because of the murder though, but because when we drove by to look at it it was in a crappy spot. Right by the entrance of the community, no privacy. I'd rather pay a little more for one we have been in dealings with cuz it's by the woods on a cul-de-sac.
  • Lian98
    Lian98 Posts: 275 Member
    I think... yes. But I may want a guy friend to stay with me the first night.