Protein

Options
How much protein you aim for each day? I find when I eat mostly protein, I lose quickly and my muscle starts showing. Can you eat too much protein?

Replies

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    How much? ~1g per lb of LBM
    Can you eat too much? Yes! If it stops you from getting the other essential micros and macros in your diet, or you have a medical issue.
  • millypoo128
    Options
    Can you eat too much? Yes! If it stops you from getting the other essential micros and macros in your diet, or you have a medical issue.

Just to clarify- if you weigh 130 lbs you should aim for 130 grams of protein?
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can get too much protein, but it's a pretty high amount. This wikipedia article talks about if you don't get enough fat and too much protein, but some of the information is applicable to too much protein in general
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options

No, 130lbs - bodyfat lbs = lean body mass

130lbs -20%bf = 104
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

No, 130lbs - bodyfat lbs = lean body mass

130lbs -20%bf = 104

^this
  • millypoo128
    Options
    Thanks!