single deviled egg!

Options
alazio
alazio Posts: 44 Member
Was contemplating a hard boiled egg for a snack, but it just looked so dry and unappealing. Then, light bulb, thought why couldn't I make two deviled eggs? Split the egg, mashed the yolk with 1t real mayo, spooned it back into the whites. Delicious 100 cal snack!!

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I actually thought this exact thing about an hour ago, but couldn't be bothered to try it. Brb, off to go make a deviled egg!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Love small-batch ideas since I live alone! I'll definitely do this... I even have some paprika to sprinkle on top!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I just started doing it this week...I add a bit of dill relesh to mine. It's quite filling.
  • dolly1712
    Options
    Wow. That sounds simple and yummy thanks

• SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You could even use plain yogurt instead of mayo and then it would be even more nutritious.
  • flutterby1960
    Options
    This sounds delicious, what a great idea for a snack. :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Because this post reminded me how much I like deviled eggs, I had one for dinner last night.
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know what I'm making tonight!!! >:)
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    A small t means teaspoon and a large T means tablespoon in cooking, and 3 teaspoons= 1 tablespoon. So she used only 30 calories in mayo plus the egg which is right about 100.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I do this but microwave a small potato, mix with egg, mustard, little mayo and have single serve potato salad...
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    alazio wrote: »
    Was contemplating a hard boiled egg for a snack, but it just looked so dry and unappealing. Then, light bulb, thought why couldn't I make two deviled eggs? Split the egg, mashed the yolk with 1t real mayo, spooned it back into the whites. Delicious 100 cal snack!!
    Yep; I ate 12 for lunch today!
    Eggs are a near perfect food...

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    This thread is so delicious!
    Too bad I'm allergic to eggs! Waaaah!
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is what I do when I have boiled eggs. I like adding sweet relish, mustard and paprika.
  • Catvocado
    Options
    2zq7ckl.png
  • lynnmhatcher
    lynnmhatcher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks going to try may add speck of mustard and dill pickle relish.
  • luv2eduk8
    luv2eduk8 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have done hummus in the middle instead of the yolk. I have done 2 hard boiled egg whites (34 calories) and 1 Tablespoon of hummus split between the halves (35 calories) is about a 70 calorie snack. Very filling.