Say NO to Crack!

Options
kelhun1
kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
Okay, what is it with jean designers?! Do they really think that most moms want their cracks to show when they bend down to pick up their child or a toy or whatever?? I am so tired of trying on jeans only to discover I cannot sit or bend in them without scaring the people around me. I also feel a certain duty to protect other moms when I see this happening to them. I will try to shield their exposed backside with my own body, but I fear someday I will be accused of trying to look at someone elses thong. I am not shopping in the Juniors section, is it wrong to expect to buy something that won't put my son in therapy??

Thank you for listening to my rant, I feel much better now. I'm off to moon my son's 4th grade class.

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    haha, funny. They are coming out with a lot of higher waisted styles nowadays. Talk to the saleslady and she can point you to something higher even if it's not labeled. I kind of like the lower waisted pants, but I always wear a belt and havn't had an incident. I can completely understand why someone would want to steer clear of them though :laugh:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem and actually have found a few stores that I don't have this problem in. Ann Taylor and The Limited. Make sure you don't get the low-rises though (:laugh: :laugh: )
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I've been having this problem lately because my jeans get looser and looser.....I belt them but sometimes they still like to go down a little TOO far. Luckily I have a sweater or something I can hide my plumber butt with!! :wink: :laugh:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've been having this problem too even with higher waists. If I buy pants to fit my hips and thighs then they are way too big for my waist. I'm wondering how much it would cost of have clothing altered.
  • kelhun1
    Options
    I've been having this problem too even with higher waists. If I buy pants to fit my hips and thighs then they are way too big for my waist. I'm wondering how much it would cost of have clothing altered.

This is my problem...the curse of the pear!:grumble:
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Eddie Bauer makes a jean style that is smaller in the waist than in the hips to help eleminate waist band gapping and crack flashing. The are called the "curvy" fit (also fit even if you don't think you are curvy). Disclaimer I do work for Eddie Bauer, but I see people every day who love these jeans b/c they fit great. I also just finished a lecture on fit and sizing in American and the best thing you can do is just try on as many jeans as possible to find what works. Okay, I am stepping of my soapbox now.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Alterations depend on where you go. I live in Williamsburg and I many things altered. Dress pants with lining generally run me about $13 and jeans run from $7-20. So, if they are pants that you love it's great. It's also really nice to have pants that actually fit you!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I remeber the last time I went shoppign for pants. It felt like all that the entire mall wanted to stock was those low rises:angry: I'm a teenager and Mom said "go try some on, You'll be more teenagery" I tried some one and It felt so wierd because I'm used to highwaisted pants. I kept tryin g to pull them up and couldn't:laugh: I ended up going to walmart and finding a bunchof jeans.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I can't wear low rise jeans because they give me a muffin-top.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have discovered my new favorite pair of jeans ever...the are low rise but I NEVER show crack lol it's called lil maggie lucky brand but make sure you get the ones with the button up and slanted pockets they are the most comfy pair of jeans I own but I paid a buttload so they better :laugh:
  • kelhun1
    Options
    I have discovered my new favorite pair of jeans ever...the are low rise but I NEVER show crack lol it's called lil maggie lucky brand but make sure you get the ones with the button up and slanted pockets they are the most comfy pair of jeans I own but I paid a buttload so they better :laugh:

I will have to check them out as a reward after I lose a few more pounds...don't want to spend $100 on jeans that will be too small in a month. (Here's to positive thinking!)
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    you know what ?
    I wish they would too!! :sad: There is this girl that sits in front of me in my college class and i tell you EVERY day she has some major plumbers crack. Drives me crazy!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I almost got kicked out of the Ross dressing room last weekend! I fit into a size 10 so I screeched...YIPEE!! (BTW no mfp'rs there to yell back WTG!!)

Then when I tried on the cutest pair of jeans, I screeched again because they looked so good!

It has been 10 years since I fit into a 10! WOW

THEN I remembered my daughter telling me about the 'bend' test. I bent over and low and behold there was my butt crack! If ya think it looks bad on a 20 something, you should see it on a 47 yr old!

So I took a picture of me in those awesome jeans and sent it to my close friends!!

(then quietly slinked out of the dressing room, under the glare of the door monitor!)
  • kelhun1
    Options
    I almost got kicked out of the Ross dressing room last weekend! I fit into a size 10 so I screeched...YIPEE!! (BTW no mfp'rs there to yell back WTG!!)

Then when I tried on the cutest pair of jeans, I screeched again because they looked so good!

It has been 10 years since I fit into a 10! WOW

THEN I remembered my daughter telling me about the 'bend' test. I bent over and low and behold there was my butt crack! If ya think it looks bad on a 20 something, you should see it on a 47 yr old!

So I took a picture of me in those awesome jeans and sent it to my close friends!!

(then quietly slinked out of the dressing room, under the glare of the door monitor!)

WTG!!!:happy: Congrats on the 10!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi Ladies...just wanted to offer some shopping help! Maurice's has their own line of jeans and the Taylor fit has a a higher waist. I bought a pair a month of so ago, and I love them. They also give my hiney a nice shape...:laugh: Hope this helps....happy shopping!!!
  • liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you know what ?
    I wish they would too!! :sad: There is this girl that sits in front of me in my college class and i tell you EVERY day she has some major plumbers crack. Drives me crazy!:laugh:

haha! I have the same thing in one of my classes...Everyone always knows what color thong she's got on. I can't figure out why she want literally half her *kitten* showing. She's always sitting in the front and seems to be very intelligent. I just don't get it. ( I could go on and on about this subject.)

AREWETHEREYET: :drinker: congrats!!!! That's got to feel amazing! I found an old pair of nice black pants in the back of my closet the other day. They still had the tags on them which means I must have grabbed the wrong size when I bought them and just never returned them. Anyway, I rolled my eyes when I saw that they were a size 15, but I decided to try them on anyway and guess what? They fit!!:love: And they're so comfortable.
  • kelhun1
    Options
    you know what ?

Ummm...what college do you go to? If it is CS, I am SO sorry. I AM aware of the problem and am trying desperately to do something about it, but in the mean time do you prefer briefs or thongs? I will let you choose for your viewing (dis)pleasure. :tongue:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I have this certain pair of jeans that my crack shows everytime I move! lol but my little niece who will be 3 very soon, seems to always have her crack showing no matter how many times her pants are pulled up. Well, the other day I was wearing those jeans and we were playing horsey (sp?) well she wanted to be the horsey so I acted like I was going to get on her back and my bf goes "look! matching cracks!" I just busted out laughing!

haha I can't stand to see that or guys undies!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    lol!! i would have to say.... briefs they cover up a little more :wink: :laugh: