Need Running Friends

Options
Looking for more MFP friends. I love hearing about others running goals, accomplishments and struggles. I am 61 and love running. Completed the Equinox Marathon last month but really like the half marathon distance. Will be running the Suja Rock and Roll Half Marathon in San Diego next May. Really having a hard time figuring out a running schedule for the winter so any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a personal training working with me on strength twice a week and intervals one day a week. Hardest part of fitness for me is my diet - it is a constant struggle for me. It sure would be fun one day to win a race in my age bracket - the older you get the less competition. Thanks

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Fellow runner here. My 5th half is this Sunday. I log every day and my diary is open. Feel free to add me.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I love running but am very slow. Am currently working on improving my 5k times.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    The Equinox Marathon is on my to do list for my goal of 50 marathons in 50 states. Feel free to add me.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow that's impressive that you ran a full marathon! I'm a runner but I stick to half marathon distances and shorter. I'll add you :)
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I will be running in the Marine Corp Marathon this weekend. It's my first and probably only marathon. 15k is my favorite distance, but do halfs as well.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Another runner here, been running for 2-3 years now tm,road and trail, add if you want :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I don't race but run a mixture of trails and road and prefer longer distances