SCALES ARE NEVER ACCURATE + SKINNY SPRINKLES POWDER.

Options
I bought some bathroom scales 8 weeks ago. weighed myself and i weighed13 stone.
Yesterday after a low cal, wheat free, cardio diet i stepped on and weighed 13 stone 1lb!
I moved the scales into another room, weighed myself and it weighed 12stone 7lb.
So, the thing is, no matter where you weigh yourself in your home, the scales read out different all the time.
I dont know what to do now regarding weighing myself. I'm thinking of buying some electronic scales and using the room i weighed recently in.
Anyone else have this problem?
Also, anyone use skinny sprinkles powder? your views..
Thanks

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The reason you are fluctuating so often is due to water weight and the fluctuations that happen throughout the day. Your floor being potentially being uneven can also affect your scale reading.

Also, skinny sprinkles powder sounds like that weird sprinkle powder that was on those commercials a while back, and were shown to be ineffective and essentially a placebo. Better off using old fashioned calorie deficits and exercise.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    With your scale, weigh yourself same time, place and bat channel.
    Any product like that, is a waste of money, but I have some fairy dust.
  • longandpink
    longandpink Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I mainly drink it for the vits and minerals and no protien and carbs.
    Got a free tub so why waste it. =)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yep, especially if you moved it from a hard floor to carpeted flooring as that can cause it to read inaccurately.

I've never heard of the sprinkles but it sounds like the only thing left skinny would be your wallet.
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've just kept my scales in the exact spot since I started, so even if it isn't the correct weight.. at least the amount lost will be.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Get a decent digital scale, put it on as flat a floor as possible, stick a dumbbell on it if you have one or can get one, to check it is accurate, and weigh same time of day each time. Also you could check on a pharmacy scale too if you have one around. There are 3 scales in this city, 1 in a shopping mall and 2 in local pharmacies.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I weigh the least when I weigh in a carpeted room. About half of what I would in a room without carpet. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the carpet.

in all seriousness though, pick a spot and leave it there.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You weighed yourself after you ate. What did you think would happen when you consumed food? I'm guessing you also drank something as well.

Pick one day of the week or every other week at the same time (I'd suggest in the AM before you eat anything) and then track progress that way. Don't move the scale around and know that weight loss isn't linear, especially due to food intake (as you experienced), water retention and so on...especially if you are nearing your period.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at your diary and don't see anything entered. Are you weighing and logging your food at all?
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I weigh the least when I weigh in a carpeted room. About half of what I would in a room without carpet. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the carpet.

in all seriousness though, pick a spot and leave it there.

um...it has everything to do with the carpet as it's not a level surface.

Pretty sure that was a joke.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    When I bought my new Stalter digital scales I weighed differently every time I stepped on them (seconds apart) until I attached the carpet feet and used them on very short carpet, now it's accurate every singe time. For some reason they really didn't like lino.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    FYI. Scales can vary too... I have two scales. Fitbit aria and a Bosch. I thought the fitbit would be better since more expensive. But after testing both for a week, same time at mornings, the fitbit fluctuates more. It can suddenly say 200 g more 1. minute after the first weighing. The Fitbit gives readings that mostly are 200 g over the Bosch scale. Fitbit gives me a BF at 36. Bosch BF is 32.5.

Lol, I really don't know which scale is correct. They are both within error margins.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Choose a place to weigh, leave scale there. Mine change depending on where in the bathroom I put them. So I dont move them. Problem solved
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate by several pounds day-to-day. Weigh on the same scale, in the same place, at the same time every time. You'll get as close to accurate as you are gonna get.

And feel free to finish the skinny sprinkles you have, but don't pay for more. Unless it's made of fairy dust :p
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    "Skinny Sprinkles" sounds like what 80s era supermodels called cocaine.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    "Skinny Sprinkles" sounds like what 80s era supermodels called cocaine.

My thoughts exactly :)

• 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I leave my scale on the bathroom floor in the middle of the exact same 12x12 linoleum square. I still don't trust it, but if I'm going to get even a reasonably accurate result, I know I have to leave it there. For best results, I use the "doctor" style scale in the locker room, with the sliding weights.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    13bbird13 wrote: »
    I leave my scale on the bathroom floor in the middle of the exact same 12x12 linoleum square. I still don't trust it, but if I'm going to get even a reasonably accurate result, I know I have to leave it there. For best results, I use the "doctor" style scale in the locker room, with the sliding weights.

Yeah, my scale sits on tiled floor and fits beautifully in its own 12*12 square. It doesn't get moved but once a week to vacuum.
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When I bought my new Stalter digital scales I weighed differently every time I stepped on them (seconds apart) until I attached the carpet feet and used them on very short carpet, now it's accurate every singe time. For some reason they really didn't like lino.

Just bought the same scale & so far readings are varying by 14lbs when I get on them ie within 10 minutes. Now I must admit I am blond but I can't get the feet off to attach the carpet feet! :\