what do you use when/do you have dry and or cracked lips?

Options
annangelich
annangelich Posts: 402 Member
I have tried a number of brands in all formulas.... bonnibelle, chapstick, carmex, blistex, olive oil, and vitamin E lotion ... numerous others to count, they help soothe for a minimal amountof time, but do not help much consistently or with a remedy.... is there something I should change in my diet? or is there a product that helps. I am hoping someone has some helpful tips, or insight for this matter.
Thank you in advance

Replies

• KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Aquaphor. Put it on just before bed.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    drink more water and wear sunscreen on your lips.
  • spkout2005
    spkout2005 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tea tree oil chapstick, you can find it on amazon, best stuff iv used and iv tried em all trust me
    [*]
  • annangelich
    Options
    chadya07 wrote: »
    drink more water and wear sunscreen on your lips.
    I drink tons of water... normally 11-13 320z cups a day.... I have done the sunscreen before (spf 50) and have also tried in "lip balm" form ...

• annangelich
    edited October 2014
    Options
    spkout2005 wrote: »
    Tea tree oil chapstick, you can find it on amazon, best stuff iv used and iv tried em all trust me
    [*]

I will give this a try, but when I have used tea tree before (shampoo) I have a slight reaction to to, it itches, never inflamed or red... but always itchy...
  • annangelich
    Options
    KBjimAZ wrote: »
    Aquaphor. Put it on just before bed.
    I have used this brand of skin lotion and have found it oily or sticky, I will try the lip repair form though.
    I usually give lip moisturizers a month or so, to ensure they are working. I will try all of these until I find something that works.
  • astrostellar
    Options
    Have you tried the Eos balms?
  • stephaab107
    stephaab107 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rose salve! It's a life saver!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I use a lip care product by Roc called Enydrial, I find it really makes a difference, and fast. Unlike some products that almost just take all the top layers of skin off my lips and just make things worse, this actually seems to moisturize and hydrate. You can read reviews on Makeup Alley here.
  • shelamonster
    Options
    I use Aquaphor Ointment on my lips...it is healing.
  • AyaRowan
    AyaRowan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Eos lip balm, as astrostellar mentioned. I used to use chapstick, but because it's all waxy it's meant to hold in natural moisture not add moisture. If you're having a dry lips issue, holding in natural moisture won't help much since it's already lacking. I would always have peeling lips even with obsessive chapstick application.

Now I use mint Eos, I put it on whenever I feel the need, and I always put it on before bed so I don't wake up with chapped lips if I breath through my mouth while I sleep.

The write up on the sweet mint, I see Eos at Walmart all the time so if you live in the U.S. you should probably find it easily:

eos lip balm in Sweet Mint is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

Long-lasting moisture
    Shea butter & vitamin E
    Smoothes on clear
    Precisely glides on lips
    Twist-off top

Gluten-free
    Paraben-free
    Petrolatum-free
    Phthalate-free
    0.25 oz

You can also use virgin coconut oil to moisturize your lips, that stuff's amazing too.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and yes use SPF on your lips, that's very important.
    I use aquaphor on my lips every night, and it really leaves them nice and smooth! :blush:
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Rub on some dog poop......it won't cure the cracked lips but it will stop you licking them :p
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff65 wrote: »
    Rub on some dog poop......it won't cure the cracked lips but it will stop you licking them :p

Hahaha.

I use burts bees lip balm. Best ever.
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    Nux de mil ... honey based thick... don't get something tasty you need to try to stop touching them :)
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Burt's Bees is awesome! You could also try Bag Balm, that stuff is good for healing skin ailments.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Chapstick.jpg

As much as I ski, this stuff is a lip saver...
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    AyaRowan wrote: »
    My favorite is Eos lip balm, as astrostellar mentioned. I used to use chapstick, but because it's all waxy it's meant to hold in natural moisture not add moisture. If you're having a dry lips issue, holding in natural moisture won't help much since it's already lacking. I would always have peeling lips even with obsessive chapstick application.

Omg, I never thought of that before. Makes so much sense to me! I put chapstick on before bed and the other night my lips stuck together. Gross!

If my lips are really dry before bed I use some of the Mary Kay Emollient Cream (only a tiny bit). It smells nice but tastes bad and I feel like it makes my lips super soft.

I also use Vaseline, but it tastes and smells bad. This would be my most desperate.

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    My tongue.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Eos balms?

I use this stuff right now, and it works nicely.

When my kids lips are bad I make them put on Vaseline before they go to bed. I have the cocoa butter one, so it doesn't smell like total crap.