Any tea drinkers?

Options
I want to cut back on coffee, and start drinking hot tea in the morning. Any suggestions on teas for the AM? Something to get my day going. Also, any suggestions for decaf teas for night time. Thanks!

Replies

• woman_of_steele
    woman_of_steele Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Numi Basil Mint Pu-erh in the mornings! I recently got a sampler box of their Pu-erh and I will definitely be reordering. For an evening tea, I recommend Good Earths Sweet & Spicy. Cinnamony sweet, cozy and comforting, its my absolute favorite!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Earl Grey in the morning, or a green tea latte.
    For evenings: Ginger or orange, or "tension tamer".
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    http://www.stashtea.com/Stash-Tea-Creme-Brulee-Black/dp/B005DM5CL2 - AMAZING. It smells like creme brûlée and I put some fat-free milk or soy in it and a bit of a stevia and ... my favorite tea. It is a bit pricey though.

I also really just like the cheap celestial seasonings apple cinnamon tea... good stuff there too. and it comes in a tea bag. http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herbal-teas/cinnamon-apple-spice

This is really good too: http://www.puritan.com/bigelow-brand-0679/vanilla-chai-tea-070952?scid=3763&cmp=gpl-_-Coffee and Tea-_-070952&CAWELAID=1782916158&gclid=CjwKEAjw5ZKiBRDhqa-Yjcml9kYSJABia-RnjR9yzZeh21YBF-83WS62lajkzhmlkrrIeH7J1nL5JBoCz-zw_wcB
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Haven't tried this yet, but you might be interested in trying it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBE6m0peaM
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If its Twinings i like it. My favourite is English breakfast which i like with or without milk. All the other ones are best just black and sugar free. I also like russian caravan, earl grey and orange pekoe. I am particularly attracted by the names the colour of the packet! But seriously, if you want to know if a tea is any good try it without and without milk and no sugar and you'll soon which tea is good and which is rubbish.

I don't like teabags. Waste of money. Get yourself a small and pretty teapot with matching cup. Warm the pot with hot water, tip it out, put in 1tsp of tea leaves, let it steep 2 minutes and pour into a cup that has been warmed also first with hot water.

I think the usual fancy flavour teas are best drunk between meals black and sugar free. I don't recommend any form of sweeteners if you have a weight problem because its a good idea to cure yourself of your dependency on sweetness by abstaining and instead finding delicious foods and drinks that are healthy.

If you don't want to drink caffeine in the evenings, choose herbal teas such as camomile, peppermint and so on. Any herbal tea is caffeine free. Or try hot water with a dash of milk. Or even just a cup of hot water.
  • taraskylit
    taraskylit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Plain black tea for me.
    2 cups a day, 2 cups of coffee.
    :)
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    China Black tea is my favorite. It's loose tea that I order online. It's expensive but IMHO the absolute best for hot morning tea.
  • SpamLamb
    SpamLamb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Almost everything I buy comes from the Metropolitan Tea Co. and is lovely. I just recently started drinking a black blend called Morning Miracle. It's delicious. In the evening I usually have a Darjeeling that's a bit milder. Soothes the day away!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I like Rooibos/ Redbush tea. Just quite refreshing.
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Earl grey with milk, or regular black tea with milk. I also REALLY like this almond flavored tea we have at home, it reminds me of christmas. During the day, depending on my mood, I love chamomile, green tea, Sleepytime from Celestial, mint tea and most herbal teas etc.. I mean honestly I'd drink and enjoy most teas except for liquorice tea.

I never sweeten my tea, and only put milk in black tea blends, but I hear honey in chamomile is great :)
  • N3rdyBird_
    N3rdyBird_ Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use oolong or matcha green tea
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love Earl Grey; I think Twinings is the best... I usually drink it plain but it's super-good with just a little unrefined sugar if you can spare the calories. In the evening, something with lemon or peppermint is nice.
  • art_brutale
    art_brutale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I decided to cut back on coffee and alcohol (as in, 2-3 cups of coffee and maybe 1 alcoholic drink a week at most) in order to maximize my muscle gains and fat loss, as my diet was already in great shape. So far so good! I believe that it's helped turbo charge the process. I now exclusively drink tea and water (La Croix or Perrier cans are great to have at work/at home in the fridge), but having the right assortment of tea at hand is crucial. I realized that it is the ritual of a glass of wine or cup of coffee that makes it hard to change the habit, and I thought switching up my routine would be difficult, but it was as easy as not buying the weekly wine and coffee.

My favorite teas are:

Morning-
    English Breakfast with a splash of Trader Joe's Coconut Creamer (doesn't curdle and tastes like cream) and a teaspoon of honey. A pot while I'm getting ready and a little mug in the car gets me ready for the day.

During the day-
    Iced Jasmine Green tea. I cold steep 6 teabags in a 64 oz hermetic jug and keep it in the fridge to take to work or drink over ice. Love it! I boost the flavor by packing a mesh teaball with shredded sweetened coconut, and slice up some ginger root and add the two to the mix. The coconut really adds flavor, and mildly sweetens the brew (enough to take the often bitter edge of the tea). Steep for 8-10 hours overnight.

I sometimes cold brew Thai Iced tea (Wang Derm brand, bought at World Market), and add a squeeze of lime or a splash of coconut creamer in place of the sweetened condensed milk served at restaurants.

Matcha post workout/ when I get home.

Evening-
    I look forward to a pot or two of herbal tea after dinner, which helps me ease into relaxation. I can't recommend Paromi Tea (found at Whole Foods) enough! Love their "Detox with Me" herbal blend with notes of redbush and cucumber/melon. I alternate with Republic of Tea's "Get Clean," another red blend. Both aide digestion and prevent bloating.
  • GoingSlightlyMad
    GoingSlightlyMad Posts: 190 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Black tea and green tea wake you up and gets you going! I like my green tea with mint and stevia or honey for sweetness.
    And when I've had a long day I like a warm cup of chamomile with a bit of honey and cinnamon right before I go to bed. :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    liz4rchs wrote: »
    I just started drinking Tea when I started selling Herbalife. I used to drink suntea all the time or sweettea, but when I moved from arkansas it's not as popular in illinois! I love the herbal tea & now they have green tea as well in different flavors. check out my website at: www.GoHerbalife.com/elizabethstairs/en-US

How about you just tell us what tea you like, rather than trying to sell us herbalife [sic]?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Cant go wrong with a cup of Tetleys to be honest.....
  • Nijelako
    Nijelako Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good Earth® Sweet & Spicy® Herbal & Black Tea...it's got a sweet taste and no sugar
  • just4jilly
    just4jilly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would say if you have a local tea shop in your area, go and try a bunch of varieties. Most will have samples of all of their varieties of tea for you to try.
  • melmid1986
    Options
    Good old English Breakfast - Totally recommend it. Wakes you and tastes great
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee in the morning. At night though I usually have my herbal tea- Bengal Spice from celestial Seasonings and a slash of milk. It is warming and gets me ready for a good night's sleep.