What do you eat when you're hungry at bedtime?

Options

Replies

• thesmallestpineapple
    Options
    Bowl of cereal with milk for me if I'm properly hungry.
    Glass of water if I'm just a little hungry.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I have a nice cup of tea, the warm liquid helps me feel sleepy and tends to quiet the tummy a little
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Budget your calories so you could have some left for a night time snack. Exercise or reduce your weekly weight loss goal to budget for the calories.
  • decblessings
    decblessings Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    A serving of Cheerios with half a cup of almond milk is my go-to bedtime snack. It's more filling that most things I can come up with for 130 calories.
  • veggiebuckeye
    veggiebuckeye Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Large pizza.
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer had me eat low fat cottage cheese, not nonfat. The fat is to satiate you, the protein is to keep you fuller longer and helps feed/preserve muscles during weight loss. That can become any low fat/protein combo you enjoy, as long as you plan for it and stay within your calorie goals.

This,or tuna.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    whatever fits into my allotment, usually peanut butter or nuts, sometimes chocolate (if I haven't had it yet).
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I like to eat just before bedtime. It helps me sleep better. I don't eat anything special, just whatever I would ordinarily eat during the day-though fruit doesn't set well with me at night so I avoid that. I usually just I like to eat 200-300 calories so I try to save them for my bedtime snack.
  • lpeterson
    Options
    Toothpaste. Once I brush my teeth I no longer want any food.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I always have a mug of herbal tea right before bed. Just having something hot is usually satisfying.
  • 3Alice3
    3Alice3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have porridge for supper a good few hours before bed but try and save about 50 cals for a bit of fruit or carrot sticks an hour before sleep time :) I too find it hard to go to sleep when I'm hungry and all i can think about is food !
  • LauraPa1mer
    LauraPa1mer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cheese!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Greek yogurt!
    I like plain nonfat, mixed with cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and stevia.
    Tastes great on its own or with strawberries.

If I don't eat before bed, I will wake up in the middle of the night totally ravenous. Since I'm not properly awake, my brain doesn't remember to have restraint and I will often eat entire containers of food >__<
  • ajravanos
    ajravanos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    it depends. if i am laying in bed, knowing that i probably wont fall asleep for a few hours, & still hungry, i will usually eat a hard boiled egg or a bit of chicken (usually a tenderloin, if i have taken the time to make any). if i am hungry & already half asleep, knowing that once i hit the bed, i will be out again, i usually just grab a tiny handful of almonds or a few brown rice crackers. i think as long as you keep in mind what your sleep time-frame is, & avoid a lot carbs & sugar late at night, you should be okay with a late night snack.
  • Vina4
    Vina4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If i need a snack i mix low fat cottage cheese and either sugar free jello powder or a little bit of the powder packets that you would mix with water usually. Very good and very filling.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    But what if you're already over your allotment? That's happened to me. I usually don't have food in the house so I have to steal an apple of my roommates.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    A few walnuts, almonds or pecans. (Planned calories) I am a nut. :smiley:
  • matteng52
    matteng52 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any dairy based protein is good. Because you're sleeping you want something that is slow digesting.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    For me, it is usually carrots with hummus and a hard boiled egg, or some oatmeal.
  • Sebismom
    Sebismom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Glass of water, or on rare cold nights a hot peppermint tea with a dash of milk. Otherwise, I lose all sense of hunger at night. When I was pregnant all bets were off and I tended to have a glass of warm milk with a cookie.