Help with Eating More Calories

Options
So I'm trying to increase my calorie intake to 2000 because I burn 500-1000 calories with exercise.

The trouble I have is that I get too full and end up eating a calorie deficit of 1200-1500.
My diet is mainly fruits and vegetables.
What can I do to eat more healthy calories?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Eat calorie dense foods which contain a good amount of fats.
  • TJP_
    TJP_ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Veg is pretty satiating as it's not particularly calorie dense and generally has a lot of fibre, hence why you're feeling full. Increasing fat is the easiest way of increasing calories, but if you're mainly eating fruit and veg (and excercising) you could probably do with reviewing your protein intake too.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Nuts, add olive oil, coconut oil, hemp oil.. Maybe have a 'Cheesecake' fruit dip occasionally with your fruit that contains Whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese..Unless you don't do dairy. Upping fats in a way that compliments the foods you're already eating should help and also make it easier to get more calories in.

I've been known to eat a tablespoon of hemp oil right off the spoon to get my calories and fat macros where they need to be. It's better as a dressing or in a smoothie..but sometimes I'm just too full to eat anything with it. Oh, smoothies too! You can add all kinds of things to then to up calories..like greek yogurt, oils, hemp hearts, cacao nibs, etc