Jealous

Options
Does anyone ever......lets just say gets "jealous" because someone you know is getting better results than you and putting in more effort than you. You know you could be getting those results if you put in the effort. Like I used to weight 320 pounds and currently weight 230 and when I see their success stories, I'm like why not me. It motivates me for about 1 minute then the feeling like the failure kicks in and then I sabotage myself. I haven't gained weight but my main big goal is to be under 200 pounds and I am so close.

Replies

• meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    yup... every single bloody freaking day.

what's worse is that i am already putting in the work, but still not seeing the results that people who "just cut back" seem to have without much effort at all.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    sometimes. but all you can do is you.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Not really. I sometimes get sad seeing other make faster progress, but I know I get what I work for. Can't be jealous that someone works harder than me.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I get jealous when I see all of the musclebound hunks on here getting all of the female attention. Sure, it makes me feel bad about myself for being a little dweeb, but it also tells me that I need to get more swole in order to warrant the level of approval that the other guys get - so the inferiority is kind of a challenge to overcome.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    No. Terrible attitude....
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    All day every day.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    No.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    I get jealous when I see all of the musclebound hunks on here getting all of the female attention. Sure, it makes me feel bad about myself for being a little dweeb, but it also tells me that I need to get more swole in order to warrant the level of approval that the other guys get - so the inferiority is kind of a challenge to overcome.

I'm guessing girls talk to you less because of your attitude than your body.
  • svpracer
    Options
    lol yes, and then I usually start talking *kitten* about them in my head "Dudes totally on juice".... #copingmechanism
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm....I'm gonna go with no, but I understand what you're saying. Seeing other people progress in their journey never makes me feel jealous, it's more about me kicking myself because "If I would've...." then it could be me. I like to give those people a (*) for providing evidence that dedication is really the only way to get results. I'm on and off with my level of dedication. I always log and stuff, but sometimes I eat way more than I should. So I have a pretty good idea why it's not me.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    moya_bleh wrote: »

I'm guessing girls talk to you less because of your attitude than your body.

Agreed. Vicious circle and all that...a circle that I'm currently attempting to break.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Not at all I just think well done them and then focus on my own tasks. I respect the people who lose a lot of weight as they have put the work in.
  • CiciRoscoe
    CiciRoscoe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Of course. We are human. It is in our nature.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Of course. I'm jealous of those who seem to be naturally thin -- see them walking around eating sweets, or having a burger. I'm jealous of the women who have had kids,1 or many, walking around looking worlds better than I do. I'm even jealous of my boyfriend when I see him lose 5+ lbs for just making one small change when it takes me 100x the effort to lose those same 5 lbs.

But, then I just have to breathe, and know that I don't have anybody else's body but my own and that's what I was given and that's what I have to work with. And the only thing I can do is make MY body the best it can be.

tumblr_inline_mseih6FsCm1qz4rgp.jpg
  • taivazian
    Options
    no, I am happy for the other person! jealousy is another waste of time for me, it implies lack, and there is abundance of weight loss!
  • jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    We have all this amazing food at work. Sometimes I look at people eating a big noodle bowl and go "They can eat that stuff...and they're not fat....here I am with the same old salad..."
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    If they are putting in more effort than me then they should get better results right?
  • korkyrn
    korkyrn Posts: 18
    Options
    Absolutely. I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't compare myself with someone else that is prettier or skinnier and wonder why I can't be like that. And then I realize that they haven't walked in my shoes and that although I haven't reached that ultimate weight loss goal I will in time. Staying positive is the only way that we all are going to reach our goals no matter what they are. Hard work and dedication will pay off and soon we will be reaping the benefits:) Stay Strong my friend.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Sometimes but then it's replaced by this type of thinking: NSFW language warning... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN-l6WtB71g
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I would not necessarily call it jealousy. I don't envy a person THAT IS working harder than me. I get angry at myself because if I would have started earlier then I would probably have my own success story!
    I'm just tired of saying it and seeing this same body all sloppy and nasty looking. I'm sick of being slower than others and I want to be a good example to my son. I do not want to be a part of the obesity pandemic. I am not going to be a part of those statistics!