Almost-40 Females?

Options
dwhitney207
dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
Anyone fast-approaching the big 4-0 (or even just passed it)? Whether you have a lot or a little to lose, I'm interesting in finding more people that are in a similar phase in life (working moms, SAHMs, etc.).

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, so heading toward 40. Sigh. :o Feel free to add me.
  • dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'm 39. Double sigh. ;)
  • MzOakland
    MzOakland Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well Ill be 42 this week and have been struggling to lose the 20lbs i gained my first pregnancy 9 years ago...
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm 36. But I'm single and don't have kids. So maybe I'm not what you are looking for at the moment. But I have a lot to lose and am here for the long haul and I'm on here daily… so if I can be of help… feel free to add me.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've just turned 37, so not too far off the big 40.

I'm on maternity leave at the moment - my baby is nearly 6 months. My other children are 5 and 3. I'm a secondary school teacher, in England.

I gained weight with all of them. I was my thinnest just before I got pregnant with my third, and I worked out and ate well all pregnancy, yet I still have 40lbs to lose!
  • 365toHealthy
    365toHealthy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 :(:( but I'm on a mission to be in the best shape of my life by the time I m 40! And based on the rate that I am going, I'm going to need all those years! Feel free to add me!
  • Arekha
    Arekha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    39 :'( , working mom of two boys. Have a bit of wt to lose, hoping to drop it before I turn 40 next april and get as healthy as I can.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    35, mom to four. Youngest is 4 months old, going to stay home with her and my one year old (yup) until the youngest is 2. I thought I'd have all this time staying home hahahhaha!! Nope!!
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and have a goal to be considerably lighter by the time I turn 40 next June. Single, no kids, work from home and looking forward to leaving my 30's behind. This hasn't been my best decade.
  • 1Luv1God1Me
    1Luv1God1Me Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom and 39.....life is good. However I still would like to lose these 20 lbs. that have been hanging around
  • InsanityForMe
    InsanityForMe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    39, mom of 2, work full time.. I am in maintenance mode. :-)
  • JacqueJo
    JacqueJo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yep! ME!!! I was 39 in September! Trying to make this a great year!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 tomorrow. I actually met my final weight loss goal last week. I was hoping to do it before my birthday and so glad I did. I have a busy teenage daughter so we were able to make it work. I get my workouts done immediately after work and then book it home. She usually has band practice after school so we end getting home at the same time. You just have to decide to do it. Schedule it, DO IT, and keep it going.
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm getting closer everyday... 36. I refuse to be fat and 40! I'm sending a friend request!
  • JLynnScov
    Options
    I'm 38 and I'd love to form some kind of support group for all of us.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in March and stay home with my 3 kids. 9, 6 and 3
  • karenlwhendrix
    karenlwhendrix Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    36...mom to three (ages 8, 10, 11)....have worked full-time for the last few years. But , I've run the gamut on work scenarios - stayed at home, ran a business from home, worked f/t out of the house (with and without the hubby staying at home). It's all hard. Keeping yourself fit as a busy mom is not for the lighthearted!
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    39, SAHM to a 3 year old little girl. I am determined to hit my goal weight before I turn 40! Anyone can add me.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Turning 40 in February, work full-time and have two sons - add me if interested! :)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    38, working mom. 5lbs from goal weight. My diary is open, feel free to add