Almost-40 Females?

Options

Replies

• cncolligan
    cncolligan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    37 next month and a mostly a SAHM to 4 (11, 9, 7, 4) but also have a vintage jewelry business that I work on casually. I had surgery last year (hysterectomy) and have since gained 20 lbs that I've been putting off losing. I'm hoping I can change my bad habits and get back on track (used to love running and was quite fit up until my surgery). The ladies I used to have as friends on mfp have all stopped using the app so I am looking for new friends to get support from, and to give support to! Pls add me if u like :)
  • JLynnScov
    Options
    I made a group for us. I'm trying to invite everyone. :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100248-almost-40-females
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i will be 40 in April-i wanted to reach goal by my birthday, but we will see. i am not sure it's going to happen that way LOL. i have lost 78 pounds so far. i am a WAHM.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing strength training? I just gained back the weight I lost while pregnant, and am now focused on fixing the *soft* and getting back my stamina and strength. Two babies in two years, I'm weak and I hate it! I'm struggling to get my cals and macros right so I don't backslide and lose more...
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 35, mum of 4 aged 5 (twins) - 11 and I work full time. I've lost just about 70kg so far (153 lbs) and I'm about 10kg from goal. I've been doing this weight loss thing for awhile so I might be able to support and share knowledge :) I strength train as well as do cardio, I work full time so it's definitely a juggle fitting it all in. I would live in the gym if only it was practical!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    Is anyone doing strength training? I just gained back the weight I lost while pregnant, and am now focused on fixing the *soft* and getting back my stamina and strength. Two babies in two years, I'm weak and I hate it! I'm struggling to get my cals and macros right so I don't backslide and lose more...

I do strength training. I have a personal training session once a week, and also do a bootcamp style workout once a week. A lot of the classes I do- aerobics, boxercise, step etc- also incorporate strength training, and I also do it when I go to the gym on my own.

My children are 5, 3 and nearly 6 months, so I've had mine pretty close together too, so I know what you mean. I still don't have the strength back in my abs. My third baby was 9lbs1 and 11 days overdue.
  • slh3103
    slh3103 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    39, married, not kids. Trying to be in the best shape I've ever been. Feel free to add me.
  • Lil_Northern_Light
    Lil_Northern_Light Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    37, marrried, 2 girls - 4 & 8yrs old. Work full-time; shift work! Trying to lose the stubborn last 10lbs (goal is 120, I'm 5'3)
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    38, no kids. is this thread for moms only?
    Not for moms only at all! Welcome! I wasn't expecting such a big response! I hope everyone finds some support in here. If someone wants to start an official group, have at it. I'm sure there would be interest. I'm just not nominating myself to be the moderator ;) Thanks for all who have reached out so far!

Thank you Withney, that's really nice :)
    A group would be lovely, didn't find many people of our age group so far. Just a bunch of my current friends are, so anyone feel free to add me - just add a line saying where you find me please!

• in_lieu_of
    in_lieu_of Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just a month away from the big 4-0 :smiley:
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    I am 35, but feel free to add!!
  • pntbttrsmomma
    pntbttrsmomma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 with a 17 month girl and engaged. I work full time and drive 70-90 each way ...sigh, doesn't leave a lot of time :neutral_face:
    Anyone can feel free to add me :smile:
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    I am 38 and have been telling myself for the last 10 years or so that I wouldn't go another year without losing the weight...What a joke. I could use some motivation and support from others in my position.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »

I do strength training. I have a personal training session once a week, and also do a bootcamp style workout once a week. A lot of the classes I do- aerobics, boxercise, step etc- also incorporate strength training, and I also do it when I go to the gym on my own.

My children are 5, 3 and nearly 6 months, so I've had mine pretty close together too, so I know what you mean. I still don't have the strength back in my abs. My third baby was 9lbs1 and 11 days overdue.

yeah that'll do it! None of mine were under 8 lbs, but they were all born 38-39 weeks. My last two were 10.5 months apart, my body is just spent hahah. I've been doing the 5x5 program because it's cut and dry, I don't have to think too much and it doesn't take too much time.
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    37 and 40 is WHY I started my journey!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and I'll be 36 in February. I am married, but I don't have any kids. I am also on here dialy, and do my best to send encouragement.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    38 here...2 kids and full time SAHM. Looking to hit goal before my 40th. Ive got about 40lbs to go. Anyone can add me. :)
  • scgarcia35
    scgarcia35 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 Divorced working Mother of 5.
  • undulyinterest
    undulyinterest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in March. I am a married working mom looking to lose the 10-15 pounds I gained after I herniated 2 disc in my back during Insanity. I actually love my 40's so far. Feel free to friend me, my diary is open to all my friends.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'll be 38 in January, married to the love of my life, CFBC but mommy to 4 lovey kitties.

I'm actually in the best shape of my life right now. I am hovering around my lowest adult weight. I'd like to lose another 10-20 pounds, but am more interested in measurements/clothing size.

I just ran my first half marathon on Sunday, and am training for my first Ironman 70.3 triathlon (which is in June).

Now that my races are pretty much over for the season (I just have a turkey trot left on Thanksgiving), I'll be changing focus from "all swim/bike/run all the time" to more strength training and speed work on the s/b/r. :)