Almost-40 Females?

Options

Replies

• julzwild
    julzwild Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I will turn 40 in February and turning 39 was a real wake up call. I quit smoking first and then started eating right and exercising in Sept. I have lost 14 pounds so far this year with 20-25 to go by my birthday I hope! We got this!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    39 here and loving it! I'm in the best shape I can ever remember being in. Still have 10-15 lbs to go. Feel free to add me.
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    36, mom to 3 boys (7, 4, and 2), full time job....feel free to add me :)
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'll be 40 in 10 days. (gulp) I work from home, (working now, shame on me) Have a 4 y/o son at home, Have 3 grown kids, & 3 grandkids. I'm On my second marriage. (saved the best for last lol) I still have over 70 lbs to lose, but can honestly say I'm healthier than I was in my 30's. I feel like I don't belong in most categories. Most friends my age, have kids already grown/mostly grown, but no grandkids. So my friends with Grandkids are usually way older, and my friends with Preschoolers are way younger
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    nancybuss wrote: »
    I may be 'too old' 48.... going on 49 but feel 40? I have two kids that are 5 and 7 and I work and have a business. I feel more people 'my age' are grandparents vs parents... so I keep up with younger friends.
    Well I'm both LOLOL. But I KNOW what you mean! I don't fit ANYWHERE

• onawhimshedid
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 38 year old mom this an 8 year old son. I have gone back to school while working a full time job! I am having so much trouble staying motivated to eat healthy with all the other things that demand my attention! Add me too!
  • twallace2003
    twallace2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    39 here and due to hit 40 in May. Married with two kids, 6 and 9. Hitting it hard to reach my goal before my birthday! I have about 15 to get rid of. :) Add me!
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Almost 39 and a working mom of 3 girls (1, 7 and 11). I just recently took a break from a full-time college education as well because I thought I had a little too much on my plate (well... okay... a lot too much on my plate!!!). I was on my way to getting back in good shape after joining WW earlier this year but I've let everything slip and now I'm trying to get back on the wagon. Feel free to add me :smiley:
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in December. Married, working mom to 16 year old daughter.
    Please feel free to add me if you think we have something in common, esp. if you do LCHF or Keto WOE.
  • nogreenthumb
    Options
    I'm 35. Always looking for more support!
  • Shairai
    Shairai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    Is anyone doing strength training? I just gained back the weight I lost while pregnant, and am now focused on fixing the *soft* and getting back my stamina and strength. Two babies in two years, I'm weak and I hate it! I'm struggling to get my cals and macros right so I don't backslide and lose more...

I do crossfit 3 times a week, boot camp once a week and on the 5th day I work out with a couple of girls from the gym, doing circuit training, kind of like our own little boot camp. In March of this year my bodyfat was at 31% and I had it last checked a month ago it is at 22%. I would suggest google crossfit and see if there is one in your area. I will be 42 in a couple of months and I am in the best shape I have every been in. I haven't reached my goal yet but I am very close to it. I also work with the nutritionist at the gym.

• MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'll be 38 in January. I'm married with a 12 year old son. I'm on here daily with an open diary, please feel free to add me if you like.
  • geeohm
    geeohm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    39 & pear-shaped here, with a 5th grader and toddler. I'm trying to get fit, for my health... and also so I can feel pretty at my hubby's holiday party and of course look fantastic for my 40th in July! I'm down 48 and would like to lose another 50 or more.
  • dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    Is anyone doing strength training? I just gained back the weight I lost while pregnant, and am now focused on fixing the *soft* and getting back my stamina and strength. Two babies in two years, I'm weak and I hate it! I'm struggling to get my cals and macros right so I don't backslide and lose more...

I'm doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution for the 2nd time. It's addicting. It's 4 high intensity circuit training routines and 2 cardio days per week for 3 months. Every two weeks the workouts change so you don't get bored. I've gained more strength from this program than anything I've ever done. Highly recommend. You could sub lower intensity cardio (or not do any) on the 2 cardio days if you are worried about losing weight.
  • victoriaalice40
    Options
    julzwild wrote: »
    I will turn 40 in February and turning 39 was a real wake up call. I quit smoking first and then started eating right and exercising in Sept. I have lost 14 pounds so far this year with 20-25 to go by my birthday I hope! We got this!

I did the same thing! Quit smoking now looking to lose a ton of weight. Good luck and great job on quitting.
  • Moppet76
    Moppet76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    38. Trying to finally get serious about losing 10 lbs. And had a long talk with a fitness expert all about this critical moment right before 40. So this subject line caught my eye! Feel free to add me!
  • victoriaalice40
    Options
    Turned 40 in July, quit smoking and now looking to lose 95 pounds. I am consistently inconsistent and need motivation and encouragement. thanks!
  • FitMom2Win
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the board. I am a mum of two beautiful boys (7&3 years old), married and work in NYC. Turned 40 this past August. While I am working out with a trainer, I am still struggling with my diet. Yes, please add me. Best to all the 40 and fabs!
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    40 is just around the corner for me, March..............absolutely DREADING IT! Married....two boys 17 and 10 at home a 22 yr old step daughter who has blessed us with a now 3 yr old grandson.

OH DID I MENTION.....DREADING 40
    so far down 15 lbs but still need to lose 36.5 lbs to be at the high end of the "normal" for bmi
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    38, turning 39 in February. single, no kids, in the best shape of my life