The Little Things That Helped Me Lose 135 Lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You've done amazingly well, congratulations.

When you reached those plateaus, did you change anything - e.g. reduce calories, change the foods you were eating or increase exiercise - or did you just keep going as you were until you eventually started to lose again?

Usually when those plateaus came it was because I had either lost 20 lbs or I had fallen off the wagon. Ever 20 lbs I literally plateau for a week or two. So for those I just keep pushing. Usually I change my cardio and weight lifting routine and pump up the intensity just a tad.
    70% of the time though it is because I became very relaxed about logging my food, I was eating out too much, I was eating back all of the calories I burned or I just didn't care and was eating whatever I wanted (ie binging). I never reduce my calories more than what MFP suggests. I just work harder, with more focus in other areas.
    The key is trying not to get sucked in to the negatives of the plateau, rather focus on ways to fix it, critical problem solving. Plateaus are a huge part of weight loss, if you learn to overcome them then you are unstoppable.

Hope this helps! You can message me if you have more questions