Dont like Fruit

Options
Hello,

Im new to My FitnessPal - id love to know what other people do if they dont like any fruit (i rarely eat apples) and that would be the only fruit id eat.

I do love vegetables tho...

Ideas Please :)

Thanks

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I don't eat things that I don't like
  • xxraexx1990
    Options
    i no that, but what substitues would you use instead
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Keep eating vegetables then. Although tomatoes are a fruit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I hate fruit, always have. I just don't eat it. I eat heaps of veg, but I haven't eaten a piece of fruit in probably 25 years.
  • xxraexx1990
    Options
    glad im not the only one then :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I can have yours please :)
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Im new to My FitnessPal - id love to know what other people do if they dont like any fruit (i rarely eat apples) and that would be the only fruit id eat.

Thanks

You're fine. Eat your veggies and enjoy. Fruit doesn't have anything that veggies don't besides a bit of natural sugar.

FWIW, my son isn't a fruit eater, either. I never worried as he ate his veggies with no problems.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Surely there's loads of things you don't like, what do you do then? Either suck it up or avoid it.
    It's the same with fruit, either suck it up and make yourself eat fruit or just don't. I don't see the issue.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks
    haha - I detest veggies but love fruit :) And if you're getting enough veggies, fruit may not be necessary. I want both.
    My solution is a juicer/blender where I mix it all up and just choke it down 3 times per day.
    That's how I get my veggies! God knows I won't eat them normally...
    0aj2cxdozba4.jpg

• jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Yes, along with cucumbers, peppers, avocado, and squash. There are lots of fruits that we eat as vegetables (savory versus sweet).

OP, as others said, don't eat foods you don't like. The nutrients found in those foods can be found in other foods so don't worry about it.

• habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    What do you hope to get from fruit? Fiber you can get from veggies. Vitamins you can get from veggies. Many veggies are technically "fruits" (as opposed to roots, stems, or leaves). Things like avocado, beans, peas, corn, cucumbers, olives, peppers, pumpkin, squash, sunflower seeds and tomatoes...all fruits! I don't think a person *has* to eat sweeter fruits for any real reason other than preference.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    How can you say you dont like fruit?

A blueberry tastes nothing like a banana, for example, which tastes nothing like a tomato, which taste nothing like a kiwi.... etc.....
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    im not a big fruit person either. i just eat veggies. i think that's fine...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    i no that, but what substitues would you use instead

Vegetables. You don't have to ever eat fruit to be healthy.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Yes, along with cucumbers, peppers, avocado, and squash. There are lots of fruits that we eat as vegetables (savory versus sweet).

OP, as others said, don't eat foods you don't like. The nutrients found in those foods can be found in other foods so don't worry about it.

Actually I think avocados are drupes like peaches, apricots and nectarines.......

• whippetwomen
    whippetwomen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 66 and have never eaten fruit. I don't like the smell of it! Odd, I know. But I'm fit, healthy and strong and never been ill in my life. So, don't eat what you don't like.
  • msmaggs89
    msmaggs89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I found once I cut table sugar/ corn syrup out of my diet, I started liking fruit again. I just don't think my tastebuds were up for the more delicate sweetness. I eat grapes, apples, oranges, etc.
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people eating fruit but hating veggies...never heard of the reverse before. Eat your veggies, you should be good.