How do you reward yourself?

Options
Do any of you reward yourselves if you make it to your goals? I'm just curious. I'm having trouble coming up with goals to keep me motivated.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Aren't the results the reward?

If I do reward myself, it isn't through food if that is the angle you are getting at. Personally, my goal is to break the tie between food and gratification. Its hard to do. Sometimes I'll go buy some clothes or something along those lines, but never a food treat.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If I want a tangible reward, it can be anything that isn't related to food.

Sometimes it's a new t-shirt, others a new video game.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Every 10lbs I plant a tree
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have started a string of paperclips - one for every 5 pounds I lose. I keep it right on my desk at work, constant reminder of how far I've come.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    I take a photo of the new # on the scale & save it to a folder

Silly I know - but its nice to see the 'evidence' of how far I've come
  • Rachellovesdonuts
    Options
    Right now I have a giftcard sitting in my exercise room for when I hit 150 lbs...I think that once I hit that first goal, I will finally see progress and won't need tangible rewards
  • Lian98
    Lian98 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do beauty related things. As I lose the weight, I have noticed I have become more confident and feel prettier. This isn't from the actual weight loss, it's from the sense of empowerment that I feel after having accomplished my goals. When I lose 5 lbs I go and buy a new lipstick, or lotion and treat myself to a mini spa day at home. I don't get a lot of me-time so that's how I reward myself. But you could really reward yourself with anything you like, whether it's an activity or something you buy :-)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    only have had a couple of mini goals which resulted in me being further away from my old starting weight so that's a "reward". Entering my stats and just viewing my trend line since day 1 in addition to how i feel now emotionally, mentally and physically is also a a very nice "reward"

Thinking of getting a tattoo of one of my inspirational quotes when i get down to my personal main "goal"
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    I like to get some new (or at least new to me) clothes as I hit various milestones (every 10 pounds or so but it's not fixed). I like to sign up for fun fitness or outdoorsy things that would have been impossible for me to do/enjoy previously.
  • p90Xgalfitness
    p90Xgalfitness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are saving a ton of money from not eating out frequently, not buying coffee daily etc. (totalling to around $200 a month for 2 people) since we started our health/fitness journey. We plan to use this saved money to take a mini vacation next summer as a reward :) Vacation is a huge motivator for us, since we didn't have one in a couple of years... All the best in reaching your goal :smile:
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have decided to give myself a small reward every 10 lbs. I don't know what they will be. After the first 10 I went shopping and bought a little stuffed animal. I just thought it was cute and it wasn't something I would usually get myself.

If you are into gadgets there are a lot of fitness related things you could reward yourself with.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I have beauty related rewards as well: make up, hair stuff, etc. For bigger milestones, I have things like facial, massage, stuff like that. I have one coming up in 5 more pounds- a leg massage! That will be just over my 30 pound mark :)
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I take a photo of the new # on the scale & save it to a folder

Silly I know - but its nice to see the 'evidence' of how far I've come

Love this idea and will use it starting now!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    For every 10 lbs I lose, I buy music from iTunes.
  • SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I take the photos, too. I took a "before" in leggings and a camisole, so pretty fitted. Then once a month around the same time I put on the same thing for another photo. Front and side and document the weight. Now I just feel ashamed I ever was the "before" photo. Too many years of not sticking with it - I'm never going to wish I'd kept with it again. Every time I want something that I know will send me off track, I remind myself of every bathing suit season that I wished I had stuck with diet and exercise, and every holiday season as I'm looking for a dress. My reward will be a lovely cocktail dress for New Year's - the year I can know for the first time I did not procrastinate, I did not give up and I will not have regret.
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Those are really good ideas..... I have a picture of when I was chubby and I take a new picture every 10 lbs to remind me of how far I've come :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Not really. Losing weight is rewarding enough. Being able to see more definition in my arms or quads motivates me.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Every time I go down a size, I get new clothes.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have beauty related rewards as well: make up, hair stuff, etc. For bigger milestones, I have things like facial, massage, stuff like that. I have one coming up in 5 more pounds- a leg massage! That will be just over my 30 pound mark :)

I like those ideas