Almost-40 Females?

Options

Replies

• Loririchardson2013
    Options
    I'm 39, newly divorced and gained about 40 pounds dealing with it! ugh... Goal is to lose the weight by my 40th birthday! Looking for friends. :)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am 34, turn 35 in March!!! I was hoping to be at my goal by my 35th birthday, but I am not so confident I will reach it. We shall see!!!! I have lost over 70 and would like to lose another 25!!
  • seaberry09
    seaberry09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    38 year old stay at home mama..although I will be going back to school in the next few years. That should be fun, 40 in a class full of 18 year olds! I'm actually excited about 40. Call me a big weirdo. I'd still like to lose 10-15lbs, and I'm needing to get my butt in gear. I've essentially been maintaining since June, but it's time to face those last 10lbs.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 a few months ago. Have 3 young kids, work full time. 41 lbs gone, another 44ish to go. Feel free to add me.
  • ozbat2000
    ozbat2000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in April, work full time and need to lose about 40 pounds. Feel free to add me :)
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just turned 40 earlier in the year. I lost about 15 lbs and have been maintaining at 135 (5'8") for 9 months. Feel free to add me. I love having friends with similar goals and family interests. Good luck on your journey! You can do it!!
  • clewpage
    clewpage Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    38, newly married and TTC.
    Looking to lose 10lbs and maintain it while TTC, keep any future pregnancy gain at the healthy minimum, then lose baby weight when that time comes.
    I work full time, and do Pure Barre 3 times a week.
    I track calories while staying gluten free for medical reasons.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I will be forty on Monday (10/27). I'm not looking to lose or gain weight at this time. I joined because I was training for a 1/2 marathon, and I kept accidentally losing weight. I thought that tracking calories would help keep my weight steadier.

I work full-time and spend my evenings playing taxi to children.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    39 yr old working lone mother here....
  • whiskeybiz11
    whiskeybiz11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    38 (and a half!) and single, but in committed live-in relationship with my BF for the past year (which also cause me to gain 18 lbs!). No babies (yet). Looking to get married before I'm 40 and be in the BEST shape I've ever been. Need to lose 25 lbs. Add me! :smile:
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    jchadden42 wrote: »
    I will be forty on Monday (10/27). I'm not looking to lose or gain weight at this time. I joined because I was training for a 1/2 marathon, and I kept accidentally losing weight. I thought that tracking calories would help keep my weight steadier.

I work full-time and spend my evenings playing taxi to children.

hey that's sort of what's happening to me, everytime I set back to maintenance, I lose again. I'm finally at the number I want to be at but for me I'm trying to tone it back up and get my strength back after being pregnant for two years!

• 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm ROCKING my thirties and believe that my 40s will be even more awesome! Two years and a month away from my Last Day of My 30s EPIC BIRTHDAY PARTY (held the day before I turn 40- yes I've been planning this for years).
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    38, no kids. is this thread for moms only?
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

I don't think so! Want one of mine?! ;)

• giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, 39 in Feb, working mom. Feel free to add me too!! I have a long way to go and love positive support!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2. (daughter turning 15 next month and a son who is 10). I have my big 4-0 next year and plan to look my absolute best when I get there! I'm 20 lbs away from my goal. Any & all are welcome to add me!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I may be 'too old' 48.... going on 49 but feel 40? I have two kids that are 5 and 7 and I work and have a business. I feel more people 'my age' are grandparents vs parents... so I keep up with younger friends.
  • dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not for moms only at all! Welcome! I wasn't expecting such a big response! I hope everyone finds some support in here. If someone wants to start an official group, have at it. I'm sure there would be interest. I'm just not nominating myself to be the moderator ;) Thanks for all who have reached out so far!
  • dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just turned 39 October 13. I am a sahm to 3 (ages 7,5 and 6 months). I quit my job 2 years ago and gained 10 lbs. since having baby number 3 I want to lose 25 lbs total. Anyone can add me, I could use support.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, and fortunately don't have much to lose. My boyfriend and I try to stay fit(ish) because we really love to eat. If we didn't make an effort to exercise, I'm sure we'd both suffer for it.