My Oatmeal Topping

Options
2»

Replies

• julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just had a really nice combo I sort of made up today. I'm bulking atm...

100g Rolled Oats
    350ml Semi Skimmed Milk
    25g Cookies n Cream Whey Protein (Vanilla would work too)
    1 tsp Light Brown Sugar
    1 Medium Banana
    Ground Nutmeg (To taste)

Was really pleasant! It's a keeper ;)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Love these suggestions. I like walnuts and a tablespoon of Dragon's Blend breakfast cereal. I always put a bit of milk or yogurt in. In Canada, about the only thing on the Tim Horton's breakfast menu I can tolerate is the berry oatmeal, NO SUGAR. Must elucidate carefully or the staff will forget. I stir in a little 2% milk.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Butter and grade B maple syrup (the strong, dark stuff). Also, made up with chicken stock instead of water with mushrooms and sage -- a great whole grain side dish.
  • anyd18
    anyd18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My variations:
    1) oatmeal + Peanut butter + 1/2 banana + cinnamon
    2) oatmeal + Peanut butter + frozen blueberries/strawberries + cinnamon [I usually leave the berries in the closed tupperware for about 45mins as I'm getting ready for school so they defrost]
    3) My fave is cooking the oatmeal in water, but when its nearly done, reducing the heat and adding milk and Shredded wheat cereal, it turns into this porridge-like thing, then adding Blueberries!
    4) Oatmeal + dash of honey + blueberries + 5almonds
    5) oatmeal + honey + raisins

only tried cinnamon, but I like these suggestions about nutmeg, coconut and cocoa powder. Will get me some next time
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I like plain oatmeal with a pat of butter.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I add chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds, chia seeds and flax seeds to alpple cinnamon or maple brown sugar oatmeal from the packets.