Shredz supplements (for female weight loss/muscle gain)

Options
Has anyone heard of the Shredz supplements and/or personally taken them? Any opinions about them as far as losing weight and gaining muscle? Thanks!

Replies

• m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Lol. Guess not? I'm curious about them too. They're expensive so it would be nice to hear some unpaid testimonials and opinions if there are any out there.
  • skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am curious too! I just ordered the fat burner. Wanted to try more but I thought I would just test that out first. I'll let you know my thoughts when I get it and try it out.
  • stants85
    stants85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Did any of you try Shreds as curious to get some myself?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    weight loss - eat at a defecit follow a progressive weight training programme to preserve as much muscle as possible

muscle gain - eat at maintenance / surplus and follow a progressive weight training programme

supplements = ineffective waste of money, but might have a nice placebo effect if that's what you need .. no scientific basis though so only buy them if you have money to spare
  • emc2fit
    emc2fit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for this particular supplement but something I'd recommend if you're working out a lot with weights is BCAAs - they cut down your recovery time but don't do anything for weight loss. Although ultimately if you're fit to train more often you'll be creating a nice calorie deficit and hopefully raising your metabolic rate by building some muscle :)

It doesn't look like Shredz is particularly up front with its ingredients list, but if it claims to be a fat burner and is just rammed full of caffeine or white kidney bean extra or green tea... it won't be of any particular benefit. If I take a supplement with caffeine in it, it's usually a pre-workout and I don't use it as a weightloss tool. It just helps fuel my workouts if I'm feeling a bit flat.

Also if Shredz mentions creatine I'd read up specifically about this to ensure you're using it correctly.

Supplements have their place, I take a select few, but the diet is the part you should focus on the most. Supplements are just a nice luxury on the side when chosen carefully. Don't waste money buying into a brand like Shredz unless you know their ingredients list contains exactly what you want to put into your body. Research is key to help you decide what you REALLY need and to save you from wasting your money.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am curious too! I just ordered the fat burner. Wanted to try more but I thought I would just test that out first. I'll let you know my thoughts when I get it and try it out.

if fat burners worked there would be no fat people in the world....
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I take the odd vitamin and mineral suppliment like iron, B complex, D, C is a cold threatens.

I've tried a lot of weight loss ones over the years and its a big load of cow poop.

I think there was one...ephidrine?? That did seem to work but the side effects weren't fab - hypertension and palaptations...you don't wanna mess with that shiz!

Perscription weight loss pills from the doctor and amphetimines I believe do work. The latter is probably not a good idea however...
  • stants85
    stants85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input x