Food you dont like but you eat it anyway

Options

Replies

• MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Fish. So I eat fish sticks every once in awhile, which I do like ( little kid in an adults body). Otherwise, if I don't like it, I don't eat it. Life is too short for food I don't enjoy
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    i don't eat anything i don't like.....actually i don't really eat much of anything i do like either, come to think of it
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I had to eat stuff I didn't like as a kid... I am not doing it as an adult...
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    gefilte fish. I don't want to insult my mother-in-law at Passover so I cover it with horseradish and eat it. It isn't bad, I just don't like fish much.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    I used to think that cottage cheese made people fat - :p
    Seriously, the ONLY people I ever saw eating cottage cheese were fat people.
    -

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I've found that I've actually grown to enjoy some foods that I thought I hated because I "forced" myself to eat them. Over time, I grew used to them... which slowly turned into, "hey, this is really good".

Salmon would be one of them. I HATED salmon up until... oh, I'd say about six months ago. Then I thought, there's got to be something to it, so I'll try. My husband cooked that fish in a way that I really enjoyed, so I just kept trying and trying and trying it. Now? It's my favorite fish.

Sometimes "forcing yourself" to eat things you may not enjoy can turn into something positive. My experience, anyway.
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Raspberries. So much fiber for so few calories -- how could I resist?

But otherwise, no.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    mhlew wrote: »
    If I don't like it I really don't eat it. I'm to the point in my life where I've tried most fruits, veggies, and stuff that is available to me and I know what I do and don't like.
    That being said if I've never had it I'll try it atleast once or twice to give it a fair try.

Why force yourself to eat something you don't like? If you eat a tomato and you gag it down because it's healthy, the stress hormones released because of the displeasure you went through to eat it kinda negates the fact it was healthy.
    :\

LOL trust me, I am not getting stressed out from some tomatos in my salad.

1 it was an example, 2 good for you 3 some people do. They get obsessed with weight loss and being healthy and they do stuff that causes them stress.
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    agal129 wrote: »
    Salmon. :s

I don't really like fish but I know how beneficial it can be for heart health so I try to eat it at least once a week.

Same here I can't stand it but it's just so good for you (omega3s) that I eat it once and a while. Thank god I've recently switched to including flax seeds in some meals.

• LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    NONE if i dont like something i am not eating it. Why ruin or dread a meal because of something you dont like.
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    I love all different types of foods and flavors so I don't eat any food I don't like but there are very few foods I don't enjoy. I will also try any food at least once or twice.
  • evilqueencathy
    evilqueencathy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't like mushrooms, but will eat them in pastas or salads. I absolutely hate onions, but will eat something that has pieces of cooked onions ground in it, like guacamole or salsa. That's all I can think of. I generally like most things or will not eat them at all. I have a strong gag flex and can not swallow food that has a strong displeasing odor.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • BramageOMG
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    life is too short to eat foods i no like.
  • BramageOMG
    Options
    I wont comment on the hat.....

giphy.gif
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I don't make a habit of eating food I don't like. I won't waste time, money, pleasure or cals on food that isn't FAB. with that said: there are foods that are powerhouses - such as leafy greens - that I creative in adding to my life because they are awesome for me. I massage my greens & it makes a huge difference in texture, volume & taste. A dash of homemade vinaigrette = YUM & it did my body good. Since greens are nutrient but not cal dense I have room in my life for more dark chocolate & dark craft beer : )
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    There aren't any foods that I don't like that I eat. Can't see much of a point in that.

Truth.

I do not do tomatoes. Tomato sauce? Fine. Chunks of tomatoes in or on anything ... I'm picking that crap off. I have issues with textures. Though I don't like bananas, but will eat them. I was turned off from eating them because I had to eat them daily during most of my first pregnancy for potassium (only to find out later kiwi and spinach would have done the trick too, and then I wouldn't have nearly ruined bananas for life).
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    All food. If it were up to me we'd be able to take a daily pill or get a daily shot and not have to eat at all.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Mine would be wheatgrass.

It gives me a slight boost of energy, and is good for you, but god it sucks.