I'M getting fed up with all this weight loss crap because really i dont know whats going on.

Options

Replies

• ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to put any weight on eating at 3000 calories. A teenage boy working out every day is lucky to maintain on that, assuming you are logging accurately.

When you say you work out every day, what do you do? If you want to build muscle you should be lifting weights 3 times a week or more, depending on your programming. Do what you please on those off days, but don't skip the lifting. You will never build muscle like you will at 18, take advantage of your natural testosterone production!

Do you know that you are over 20% bodyfat, or is that a guess? PS your friends may be 'lean' at 130 pounds, but he isn't 'muscular'. Don't compare your results to him, and don't compare your results to this bodybuilder friend of yours either. Compare yourself to yourself. Take pictures, measure body parts, and track lift progression.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    edit....saw it. You are a guy.

Honestly, dude, you are at your ideal weight, and I think you won't be able to lose much more than you have. But I think your issue is with body fat %

I can tell you that if you want to burn some fat and build muscle, look into a ketogenic diet. It is a diet that allows you to build while using the fat for energy. This will burn off the fat all day, and if you keep your proportions within the guidelines, you will see results.
  • taylorblade
    taylorblade Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    for all of you saying im at a healthy weight range... I don't really know about that because there is this boy who goes to my school 5,9 just like me he weighs 137 and he's lean cut and muscular. He says he always been in his 130.

How old are you?

• taylorblade
    Options
    You aren't going to put any weight on eating at 3000 calories. A teenage boy working out every day is lucky to maintain on that, assuming you are logging accurately.

When you say you work out every day, what do you do? If you want to build muscle you should be lifting weights 3 times a week or more, depending on your programming. Do what you please on those off days, but don't skip the lifting. You will never build muscle like you will at 18, take advantage of your natural testosterone production!

Do you know that you are over 20% body fat, or is that a guess? PS your friends may be 'lean' at 130 pounds, but he isn't 'muscular'. Don't compare your results to him, and don't compare your results to this bodybuilder friend of yours either. Compare yourself to yourself. Take pictures, measure body parts, and track lift progression.
    See to be honest with you I just guessed I'm at that body fat. I really don't know. But my workouts are calisthenics, jump rope, running I just started lifting weights to support my body weight training but not to much weights though I'm really not a weight lifting person and some tabata intervals.

• chicacherry666
    Options
    Try eating 2500 calories and fill up on vegetables more
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Do you know that you are over 20% body fat, or is that a guess? PS your friends may be 'lean' at 130 pounds, but he isn't 'muscular'. Don't compare your results to him, and don't compare your results to this bodybuilder friend of yours either. Compare yourself to yourself. Take pictures, measure body parts, and track lift progression.
    See to be honest with you I just guessed I'm at that body fat. I really don't know. But my workouts are calisthenics, jump rope, running I just started lifting weights to support my body weight training but not to much weights though I'm really not a weight lifting person and some tabata intervals.

Consider getting your body fat checked professionally. Being chubby and losing weight can lead to some funny self image problems. It did for me at least. If you don't have a good lifting routine, find one. Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength are good places to start. Following a good routine and seeing progression on lifts is a great feeling, you may enjoy it.

If lifting doesn't get you going, you might give something like crossfit a shot. It's got all your jump roping, calisthenics, and interval training all combined with a little bit of lifting, too. The downside is that it's pretty expensive, and possibly even dangerous for newbies if you have bad coaches. Not my cup of tea, but you might find motivation working out alongside others in that setting.
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    npynuq1woml4.jpg
    My husband is 5'9" and at age 18 he weighed about 135 or so. Totally fit from long summer days of farm work--pitching hay, cutting tobacco etc and had the tightest butt ever from miles and miles on an actual bicycle.

Yep. I married that. We recently celebrated 35 years.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would never consider 160 at 5'9" over-weight. Not even a little bit.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    p4l3vccqkhjy.jpg
    62mrjacoicrp.jpg
    9cyyviromdp6.jpg
    Here is some images of me forgive me for posting selfies lol but this is my belly fat percent and how much muscle I have. But can somebody please tell me about how much belly % fat does it look like I have.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    "This weight loss crap". Discuss.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    I'm really sorry that so many people are giving you crap about the way you write. This isn't the place for that. It's supposed to be a supportive, weight loss forum, not a writing forum.

Clear communication is essential to the transfer of information. How can we expect the OP to take our advice if he won't even take the time to coherently express his thoughts?

Exactly. This is a written forum where we communicate by...guess what? Writing! it doesn't get more basic than that.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    "This weight loss crap". Discuss.

He's frustrated
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    taylorblade

Central obesity is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, especially if the fat is accumulating right up around your internal organs (a more dense, hardened feeling belly). Is your waist to hip ratio less than 0.9? (a good measure of central obesity).

I'm surprised the best advice you've gotten is eat at a calorie deficit and exercise more (or just get over it).

This is a cultural myth that food/beverage companies are doing their darnedest to maintain. Why? So you can eat anything you want (all their processed products) as long as you get the right number of calories. Also, ultimately, your weight gain is your fault, it is based on your personal will power.

This is totally false. Not all calories are created equal (carbs fuel weight gain, fats and proteins do not). And nutrients from real foods are much better utilized than from man-made "health" foods like shakes and bars. I have a hunch you are eating too many carbohydrates and not near enough fat. You probably eat a lot of lean protein. If you are serious about making a change, the first and best thing you can do is cut all processed foods from your diet. Anything with added sugar, vegetable oils like canola or soybean, and all grains (not nutritionally dense, just a filler food).

By doing this you will accomplish 2 things:
    1. nourish and satisfy your body with nutrients
    2. decrease total inflammation in your body which also helps to decrease leptin resistance

Once you are only eat real, whole, single ingredient food, which will naturally decrease your appetite... look at your macronutrients (fats, carbs, and proteins). Keep your carbs at or below 20% of you intake. Keep your fats at least 40%. The remainder protein. Your body will naturally shed weight. Most likely this breakdown of macros will happen naturally by eating whole foods.

There is A LOT to learn. I know I probably said some new terms. And here is a great resource from my favorite nutrition blog:

http://authoritynutrition.com/low-carb-diet-meal-plan-and-menu/

This blog has evidence-based articles on topics from leptin resistance to processed foods to healthy fat. Good luck!
  • crazychic1133
    Options
    You want to know how much belly fat % you have? To me, you like fine! You're not overweight! You do not need to lose weight or be on a diet!
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,618 Member
    Options
    I would suggest asking for advice on the Eat,Train,Progress Group (you'll find it under Groups at the top of the page). Some really helpful peeps on there. Good luck.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    taylorblade

Central obesity is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, especially if the fat is accumulating right up around your internal organs (a more dense, hardened feeling belly). Is your waist to hip ratio less than 0.9? (a good measure of central obesity).

I'm surprised the best advice you've gotten is eat at a calorie deficit and exercise more (or just get over it).

This is a cultural myth that food/beverage companies are doing their darnedest to maintain. Why? So you can eat anything you want (all their processed products) as long as you get the right number of calories. Also, ultimately, your weight gain is your fault, it is based on your personal will power.

This is totally false. Not all calories are created equal (carbs fuel weight gain, fats and proteins do not). And nutrients from real foods are much better utilized than from man-made "health" foods like shakes and bars. I have a hunch you are eating too many carbohydrates and not near enough fat. You probably eat a lot of lean protein. If you are serious about making a change, the first and best thing you can do is cut all processed foods from your diet. Anything with added sugar, vegetable oils like canola or soybean, and all grains (not nutritionally dense, just a filler food).

By doing this you will accomplish 2 things:
    1. nourish and satisfy your body with nutrients
    2. decrease total inflammation in your body which also helps to decrease leptin resistance

Once you are only eat real, whole, single ingredient food, which will naturally decrease your appetite... look at your macronutrients (fats, carbs, and proteins). Keep your carbs at or below 20% of you intake. Keep your fats at least 40%. The remainder protein. Your body will naturally shed weight. Most likely this breakdown of macros will happen naturally by eating whole foods.

There is A LOT to learn. I know I probably said some new terms. And here is a great resource from my favorite nutrition blog:

http://authoritynutrition.com/low-carb-diet-meal-plan-and-menu/

This blog has evidence-based articles on topics from leptin resistance to processed foods to healthy fat. Good luck!

just NO!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    This is not healthy!!!! I think you need to see someone ASAP!!!!!!!!

Life is for living - Go and enjoy yourself!

Your stressing yourself out about food & exercise, that is not healthy!!!

Eat at maintenance and lift some heavy weights - Build some muscle I say.

Your a man - You don't weigh enough surely for your height - I think you need to build muscle. NO you don't need to get bulky - But some nice definition.

Some guys in my gym are hot, they have great bodies, you can tell they work out and look after themselves - NO!! They do not look like body builders or meat heads!! Normally guys who go to the gym & take care of themselves!!!

Post some pics of what you look like now.

I'm a female at your height & 147lbs - YOU ARE 18 LBS HEAVIER THAN ME & YOUR A MAN!!!!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    So, since 225, have you lost inches at all in your belly? I'm guessing yes. Toning takes time and will take maintenance. If you think it's all crap, then you always have the option to quit. Minor tweaks to what you're presently doing can make differences. Do different stuff (exercise, water intake, more veggies, etc.), shake things up. Good luck turning your attitude into a more positive one and perhaps celebrating your successes.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Belly and low back are almost always last to go for dudes. Those last pounds are harder to lose too. My arms and face get really lean before my belly, too. Sounds like you just need to drop your calories a bit. You could take a week at maintenance too. It couldn't hurt.

also, at 18, you oughtta bulk while youre at an optimal age. Maybe cut like 5# more then bulk for like 6 months gaining a pound a week. Youll grow like a weed and when you lean back out you'll be pretty cut.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    also, youre not underweight. i dunno wtf these ppl are talking about